Hydrogen Injection - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hydrogen Injection

I just started researching on this topic a few weeks ago and decided to give it a shot on my '93 mustang 5.0.

I'm starting with the basic design where I have a 8" by 4" PVC pipe with rubber end caps. I'm using two long s.s. bolts hanging in distilled water/battery acid.
Here are some installed pics:
http://100mphclub.com/community/albu...php?pic_id=821
http://100mphclub.com/community/albu...php?pic_id=818

At the beginning of this week I hooked it up with a full tank of gas and did my normal to and from work driving.
I checked the amps everyday and it started off at 17amps and dropped about 3amps a day. About a 1/2 tank I decided to fill up again and check the mileage, it came out to be 17.8 mpg which is in the range I normally get 17-19 city/hwy driving.

There are many variables that I haven't controlled yet, these are just preliminary findings. I plan on doing a hwy run with and with out the generator running.

But first I want to build a better device, I don't believe the one I have produces much gas.
I going to try a Stainless steel container to hold the solution and use the container as the negative electrode while hanging a bolt down the middle for the positive electrode.

With the PVC container and rubber caps it would blow solution out the cracks and seals when I would push 20+ amps through it, I believe I need a more solid container so I can pump out more hydrogen.

Feel free to share any of your tests with hydrogen,
thanks.

missouri03l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
*shrug*

800 ? 800: true);"

Your pictures are working, if you want me to rehost them email them to me at kusottare@gmail.com

Hmm, interesting results indeed. Is there anyway you could do a highway test loop with/without the h2?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, I reposted those pic

Thanks, I reposted those pic links in my first message.

I decided to take the PVC container out of the car and build a new container:
http://100mphclub.com/community/albu...php?pic_id=819
http://100mphclub.com/community/albu...php?pic_id=820

I'm using a 4" x 7" S.S. Pipe with the bottom end welded on, using the container as the negative and the bolt in the middle as positive. This is much better design were it doesn't leak (yet) and takes a whole lot less battery acid to boost up the amps.

I decided to get a little ballzie and put this new generator on my newer truck where I can use my ECU scan tool to measure rpms, O2 sensors, timing, etc. I'm curious to observe the 02 voltage w/ and w/o the generator running to back up claims that the computer tries to compensate for the lack of oxygen and adds fuel.
I know of one other person who is trying this on their truck so we'll see.

For hwy runs, i'll just pull the fuse to stop the generator for comparsion tests.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missouri03l
I just started researching on this topic a few weeks ago and decided to give it a shot on my '93 mustang 5.0.

I'm starting with the basic design where I have a 8" by 4" PVC pipe with rubber end caps. I'm using two long s.s. bolts hanging in distilled water/battery acid.
Here are some installed pics:
http://100mphclub.com/community/albu...php?pic_id=821
http://100mphclub.com/community/albu...php?pic_id=818

At the beginning of this week I hooked it up with a full tank of gas and did my normal to and from work driving.
I checked the amps everyday and it started off at 17amps and dropped about 3amps a day. About a 1/2 tank I decided to fill up again and check the mileage, it came out to be 17.8 mpg which is in the range I normally get 17-19 city/hwy driving.

There are many variables that I haven't controlled yet, these are just preliminary findings. I plan on doing a hwy run with and with out the generator running.

But first I want to build a better device, I don't believe the one I have produces much gas.
I going to try a Stainless steel container to hold the solution and use the container as the negative electrode while hanging a bolt down the middle for the positive electrode.

With the PVC container and rubber caps it would blow solution out the cracks and seals when I would push 20+ amps through it, I believe I need a more solid container so I can pump out more hydrogen.

Feel free to share any of your tests with hydrogen,
thanks.
Try Andrews website www.waterpoweredcar.com, he has some great info. Also, you need to fool your computer's O2 sensor when injecting because as you add the HHO gas your O2 sensor sees it as the engine leaning out so it adds more fuel. Also look at www.eagle-research.com.
GasSavers_JAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:51 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
O2 sensor

You are making Hydrogen and Oxygen in a ratio of 2 to 1 and it should recombine and form water without affecting the mixture level for the gasoline except, if anything, it will be running richer because the part of the 2H2 O2 that you are injecting is displacing some of the air that the gasoline would be using to burn with thus injecting the same fuel for less air once the 2H O2 combine. Of course it depends upon the amount of gases you are generating.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnderson
Try Andrews website www.waterpoweredcar.com, he has some great info. Also, you need to fool your computer's O2 sensor when injecting because as you add the HHO gas your O2 sensor sees it as the engine leaning out so it adds more fuel. Also look at www.eagle-research.com.
Thanks for the sites..
My truck actually through a couple error codes with the hyrdogen unit on saying that front two O2 sensors were too Lean..
I only had the unit on the truck for one tank full and got ~1mpg less than what I usually do. I don't think my generator is efficient enough so I'm going to revise it to some of the drawings I find on the net. I'm sure the generator was just a drain on the engine causing the worse gas mileage.

After I took the generator off and about 100miles later the computer still through the two O2 lean codes, so I want to see what the deal is with that before applying the generator..

I think I'm going to put it on my lawn boy and see what happens..
Old 11-03-2006, 11:02 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to BuffaloChips Send a message via AIM to BuffaloChips Send a message via MSN to BuffaloChips Send a message via Yahoo to BuffaloChips
Idon't know if it has been said yet, but when you get a good gas production you are going to have to hack the o2 sensor or disconnect it. The o2 sensor will end up showing a too lean condition because of the extra o2 in the exhaust unless you are venting it separate from the hydrogen output. There are a lot of designes for these things on the net. Try googling "Brown's gas" for starters. Multiple plates (or electrodes) will help a lot as well.
BuffaloChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #8
Supporting Member

missouri03l -

Quote:
Originally Posted by missouri03l
Thanks for the sites..
My truck actually through a couple error codes with the hyrdogen unit on saying that front two O2 sensors were too Lean..
I only had the unit on the truck for one tank full and got ~1mpg less than what I usually do. I don't think my generator is efficient enough so I'm going to revise it to some of the drawings I find on the net. I'm sure the generator was just a drain on the engine causing the worse gas mileage.

After I took the generator off and about 100miles later the computer still through the two O2 lean codes, so I want to see what the deal is with that before applying the generator..

I think I'm going to put it on my lawn boy and see what happens..
Here's another one :

http://www.hydrogen-boost.com/

I actually have the system, but I have been too scared to mount it. I am working (very very) long term with my mechanic to get it working. I know it will work, but ....

- I am not a mechanic
- my car is my daily driver, I can't afford to make a mistake
- There is no room in my engine bay, so I will be moving the battery within the next 6 months to make room for it.
- My mechanic is afraid of the fuel heater part of the mechanism.
- I want to comply with California emissions.
- I am not a mechanic

PS - I am not a mechanic

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #9
Registered Member

I am doing big experiments with hydrogen at this moment and have had some prety good results so far, but my goal is not to power a car, so I havent brought it up much here.
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher
I use a special combination of hydrogen and oxygen to wash my car. Does that count?
no, it dries up too quickly.

LxMike is offline   Reply With Quote