i want to make my own Map/Maf enhancer - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

i want to make my own Map/Maf enhancer

hello ive search the net like a bot looking for instructions on how to make a Map/Maf enhancer and i cant find anything. well if someone can help me with some detailed instructions on how to make one and install it would be very appreciated i work at radioshack so i know all the parts are their but i dont know how to make it

Mark_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Not sure what you mean by "enhancer". Do you mean an EFIE? What are you trying to accomplish? Jim

dutchdivco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

He wants to change the electrical signal from the manifold air pressure sensor (or mass airflow sensor) so that the computer thinks there is less air entering the engine- the computer would then inject less fuel (leaner mix) which could increase mpg.

EFIE's increase voltage to the oxygen sensor signal so the computer thinks the engine is running rich and leans the mix out- same principle (leaner mix) but different set of sensors (exhaust gas sensor).

Markalot- It seems like you could just use a dial type resistor on the output side of the map/maf sensor

http://easywatercar.com/kayakosuppor...id=131&nav=0,1

Note: I am a hydrogen skeptic, but I believe the HHO folks do know how to lean their mixes (in my opinion this is what causes their increases in mpg)
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:58 AM   #4
Registered Member

Here's an installation guide telling you what wires to splice into:

http://www.3rdbrakeflasher.com/docum...AP_Install.pdf
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_alot View Post
hello ive search the net like a bot looking for instructions on how to make a Map/Maf enhancer and i cant find anything. well if someone can help me with some detailed instructions on how to make one and install it would be very appreciated i work at radioshack so i know all the parts are their but i dont know how to make it
I have a schematic for a MAP/MAF sensor enhancer. If you'll PM me your e-mail address I'll send it to you.
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
Registered Member

if you want a quick easy solution go to radio shack and get a volume control nob and splice it map/maf sensor...cost 5$...u can control the voltage which controls the ratio by turn of the knob...as far as where to splice i go to autozone.com and then to repair guides...thats all i use on my 04 jeep wj..
hope this helps...my gains are consistent...heres a vid of where i put mine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r32Xyl7sJLQ

hope this helps
horsepower tv on spike just announced upcoming hho project on tv ..bout time!!

good luck..peace out!
s15w350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Note: I am a hydrogen skeptic, but I believe the HHO folks do know how to lean their mixes (in my opinion this is what causes their increases in mpg)
thats what im thinking.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:59 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:

I think this link will help you out.

http://www.hhoencyclopedia.com/hho/d...0schematic.pdf

2005 Dodge ram 1500 5.7 Hemi quadcab 4x4
9"x9"- 7-plate Tero cell 5.5 LPM @58 amps 6.72 MMW
10K IAT,6.8K ECT mods,map enhancer and 2-dual efies for both pre and post cats,custom 12o amp constant current PWM ZFF's v2 design
Come check out the HHOscambusters forum
https://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/
hyknowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
Registered Member

thank you alot. what are the consequences of long term leaning out if your not hooking it up to a hho system.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:39 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
thank you alot. what are the consequences of long term leaning out if your not hooking it up to a hho system.
Most likely you won't have to worry about any consequences from leaning or overleaning using only a map enhancer.Depending on what year and vehicle you have the ECM wil look at the O2s last before making it's final decision regarding air fuel ratios(AFR).Using only a map enhancer most likely will cause at most constant check engine lights due to ECM sensing the offbalance between the map and O2 sensor.

To have any sucess in trying to lean the AFR you'll probably have to install an O2 efie as well and use the two together to achieve any AFR leaning.Remember the ECM will always strive to maintain the 14.7:1 AFR it was designed to do,and any attempts to lean the AFR should be done in small tweaks so as not get caught by the ECM as to what you're up to.Following each small ajustment you should drive the vehicle for a day or two and monitor for any problems and allow for the system to accept(if it does accept) the changes you've made before making any further ajustments.If you go too fast it will only take longer to complete the adjustment process.

Hope this helps let me know if you need more.

Rusty

2005 Dodge ram 1500 5.7 Hemi quadcab 4x4
9"x9"- 7-plate Tero cell 5.5 LPM @58 amps 6.72 MMW
10K IAT,6.8K ECT mods,map enhancer and 2-dual efies for both pre and post cats,custom 12o amp constant current PWM ZFF's v2 design
Come check out the HHOscambusters forum
https://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/
hyknowledge is offline   Reply With Quote