Is HHO the way to go? - Page 12 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #111
Registered Member

more info

I've been running hydrogen for about 3 weeks....lots of changes and more to come before I will get a good grip on the actual mileage. One of the guys at work made a 5 plate system. Ran it for about 200 miles. He got very little gain....He said it was about same as without hydro....maybe 1 mpg. He has a Montero.

cugir321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #112
Registered Member

I would love to be able to read the water 4 gas books but i do not have the money to buy them would someone please email them to me. tonya_alicia@hotmail.com

tonyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #113
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrolyzer View Post
Scott and Slothman86, you don't have to use stainless steel plates, you can use stainless steel wire. I am using the HHO kit I built my self and my gas mileage on my 1995 Chevy Silverado extended cab with 163,500 miles went from 14 mpg to 18.5 mpg, a 30% increase. This website explains it all and you won't be sorry. http://fuel4you.net

Wow what a surprise you are selling them!!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #114
Registered Member

Got mine on the test bench today, using distilled water and sodium hydroxide. (very little of that too) It ran 30 amps right off and slowly went up to 32-35. I had what turned out to be a 24 oz. bottle which it filled in 30 sec. I added water until the amps went down to 25 (a LOT of water) and it took 33 seconds to fill the bottle. First case temp was 138 degrees F. and second test it went to 122 degrees. (sitting on a table, not in engine bay) Mine is a modified Smack Booster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HHOSmacktest1 005.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1147   Click image for larger version

Name:	HHOMySmack 002.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1148  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #115
Registered Member

ready to turn it off

I have a pretty good base line on my hydrogen cell "on". Check out my jeep on the garage. I just turned the Fuel Cell "off". I will take a reading this weekend. Next post is the kicker. This will start to prove the system on my jeep. I'm not super optimistic. I'm wondering if my mileage will go up with the cell off! If so then I have a nice electrical setup for my fog lights!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #116
Registered Member

My spin on SMACK

Well I decided to try a variation of the SMACK theme. Here are a couple pictures of the first trial assembly. I may have a bit more edge leakage with my neutral plates so close together. I did not connect any neutral plates like SMACK dos. I currently have 5 neutral plates on each side so there are 6 spaces for the voltage to drop. I seems like a fair starting point from what I have read. I will try sealing the vertical edges with tape. I was intending for 4 inch pipe but this fit in three inch. The plates are 2.5 inches by 6 inches. It is just 304. I got lucky scrounging and got the stainless from a recycler for $5 and the sheet metal shop sheared it up for free. I am out less than $20 at this point.

I still struggle with this concept. It seems like converting ethanol to hydrogen would be a lot more productive. Is anyone on this list currently doing that?
Old 06-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #117
Registered Member

answer

probably no. It's not the way to go. Maybe a slim chance if you can lean the engine a small amount...the court is still out on that one.

A cell does seem to do positive things to the engine....more oil pressure for me...about 10-15. Does this convert into a cooler engine, cleaner engine....maybe....your guess is as good as mine. I would like to know the answer if it doesn't come from a ding a ling, 50% increase, toilet boy.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #118
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadancer@bellsouth.net View Post
Got mine on the test bench today, using distilled water and sodium hydroxide. (very little of that too) It ran 30 amps right off and slowly went up to 32-35. I had what turned out to be a 24 oz. bottle which it filled in 30 sec. I added water until the amps went down to 25 (a LOT of water) and it took 33 seconds to fill the bottle. First case temp was 138 degrees F. and second test it went to 122 degrees. (sitting on a table, not in engine bay) Mine is a modified Smack Booster.
Wondering about how much space you expect to leave at the top to allow gas collection and how you will keep the electro from exiting?

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #119
Registered Member

hydrogen cell off

Look at my garage figures / gas log !!! My mpg went up with "hydrogen cell off"!!! I'm starting to feel the hype of water to gas is a scam...at least somewhat...maybe a sliver better with a EFIE unit but nothing like the stupid ad's promote!

I have an idea...I'm going to test. When the car is in cruise mode...no hydrogen. About 10 seconds before arriving at the base of a hill, turn the hydrogen unit on. It takes about 5-10 seconds for a good hydrogen flow. I have a kill switch that I can turn on and off. Leave the cell on until a second or two before I reach the peak. Turn it off. This is for a car without a EFIE. I have a funny feeling that injecting the hydrogen while the car is in cruise mode is causing too much oxygen for the sensor and it's using more gas then neccessary in that mode. My thought....adding the extra fuel in hard work mode, for a short period of time, may "not" give the computer time enough to respond with extra gasoline fuel on the hill, yet give the engine a little extra juice via hydrogen. The oxygen sensor may see normal emissions until roughly the time it arrives at the top of the hill...Florida only has small hills so they usually only last 15 to 30 seconds....when the emissions go up...the car will be in the end process and going back into non hydrogen / cruise mode via the off mode. If a scan gauge shows better mileage with the hydrogen "on" while going up a hill then there may be another slant to this whole thing....turn on the hydrogen just before moving or accelerating, (say, at a light) and turning it off at cruising speed or idle. Just a thought...it might counter balance the hydrogen lean situation with the acceleration / rich situation. A type of pulse and glide.

Does anyone have a scan gauge and fuel cell to test how the car responds with quick bursts of hydrogen in "hill mode"? My jeep is a 1992 so I don't believe I can add a scan gauge. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:33 AM   #120
Registered Member

I was wondering about that, maybe a regulator attached to the throttle that controlls voltage/throttle position? my other thought was a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (designed for forced induction use, works off of manifold pressure/vacuum) that will allow more H2 with lower manifold vacuum (higher load). perhaps a combination of both.

possibly use a rising rate regulator for the fuel, set it up for lean at cruise, full pressure under load instead of full pressure at cruise and even higher pressure under load.