Is HHO the way to go? - Page 16 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #151
Registered Member

I went to this site http://www.hhomagicgas.com/ and ordered the quick drop system for like 600 bucks it works great 80-100 mpg on my civic it takes very little energy to create hydrogen and when i refer a friend they give me 100 bucks. and i figured out a way to explain it to my friends that your map sensor opens the fuel injectors through increasing and decreasing voltage. your map sensor typically stays at 5v when hydrogen is entered into your car you turn down the volts using the EFIE device so on my volt meter it reads 2.5 volts so its using half the gas on city i get 40 mpg normally i just increased it by double the amount less volts = less gas that is 80mpg city I tried going lower but the engine starts to sputter but when i am on hwy i can turn the map sensor anywhere between 1.8 and 0 volts which at 0 volts means i am not using any gasoline straight hydrogen. all throttle body and fuel injected motors have map sensors and they all are set to 5v. Now I have a civic which is why my gas mileage is so much but the percent in increase is the same for all cars and the hydrogen actually gives me more horsepower according to the dyno i had done. everyone should be doing this EVERYONE!!! there is no tricks just simple math and general car knowledge you can understand why these hydrogen cells are such a big deal.

hydrotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #152
Registered Member

... LOL

I'm working on a hydrogen generator install myself, already did the Dual EFIE install, now I'm mounting the generator and already mounted up the Pulse Width Modulator. A couple more relays, switches, and an indicator light... can't wait to see some results.

However to be realistic I've never expected more than a couple miles per gallon increase. Knowing that every HHO system is different and produces a different volume of HHO, there's no way of claiming just how much mileage you'll gain- if anything at all. I think the only way of making the engine run on Hydrogen only, and zero gasoline, you'd have to combine about 20 HHO cells, and the amount of current it would use would be so high that the mileage would end up almost the same. It depends on the size of the engine, weight of hte vehicle etc.

If someone just lowers the voltage to an extreme amount on their map sensor or O2 sensor, it just forces the computer into "limp" mode, which turns on the check engine light and eliminates most of the sensors.

gto78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #153
Site Team / Moderator

The big thing about the HHO systems I keep reading is people modifying the output of the sensors to lean out the engine. Leaning out the engine will increase mileage, whether or not you have an HHO generator hooked up.

I think the only way to truly measure the effectiveness of an HHO system is to run it on a stock non-computer controlled vehicle.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #154
Registered Member

still hearing the same old arguments.....duh...... HHO is easy to make and doesn't take much energy to do it...... if it takes 20 amps from my alternator and costs 1% of gas to do it, but HHO is saving me 20% in gas, I have a 19% free gas bill coming to me....that's free energy no matter how you look at it....oh, don't forget, the nay sayers will point out the fact that youneed to have water to do it and the cost of baking soda....bla bla bla....... same old **** from people who can;t think outside the box.......why don't the auto companies come out with it then....... dum dee dumb dee doodle lee doo, go on home, your mamas calling you.....

listen, auto makers controled by oil, controlled by NY and London exchanges and banksters, controlled by greed, wanting high demand for oil n gas...... and if you don't know that, you just another brainwashed dweeb glued to the freeking idiot box telling you want to think and how to live.......

get a brain!
weatherbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #155
Registered Member

Ill pick up the one you left on the curb.

regards
gary
Old 08-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #156
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
Ill pick up the one you left on the curb.

regards
gary
I guess you need a brain then....LOL
weatherbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:16 AM   #157
Registered Member

Well lets see you claim 1% of fuel will get you 20 amps. I guess that means 100% will get you 2000 amps.

You shouldn't have dropped what brains you had at the curb son, before you climbed down into the gutter to write your "contribution".

Another HHO advocate without a gas log.

Of course your whole post hinges on the word "IF". I prefer facts instead of IFS.

Take whatever mileage you are getting in your vehicle, and realize that I can travel as far on the same number of gallons of gas, as your mileage is, while you have to use 58.77 gallons to travel the same distance.

Lets make it very basic and simple, don't want to overload your brain.
IF your car gets 18 MPG, you need 58.77 gallons of gas to go the same distance I need 18 gallons to travel.

If you think you are making "free" energy, why are you wasting your time writing posts here. You have already created perpetual motion with "free" energy.

You make your own ignorance obvious to any reader.

regards
gary
Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #158
Registered Member

Some math;

Gasoline has 125,000 BTU per gallon

Hydrogen has 325 BTU per cubic foot

HHO is only 12.5 % hydrogen, so your cubic foot of HHO has only 40 BTU of real energy.

There are 28.3 liters in a cubic foot, so your BTU content for a liter of HHO is slightly under >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1.5 BTU

Thats right ladies and gentlemen 1.5 BTU of real heat energy in a liter of HHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats just slightly more energy that you get lighting a wooden match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need 83,333 liters of HHO per hour to equal the energy in a gallon of gasoline that my car travels just under 59 miles using that same gallon of gas.

1,388 liters per minute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To get 59 MPG in a civic VX.

At 30 MPG you only need 2729 liters per minute.

I would be willing to wager that any fuel economy improvement is not due to the hydrogen, but to the higher oxygen content of the induced total gas volume.

regards
gary
Old 08-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #159
Registered Member

I'm still one of those people who believe in the potential of HHO injection, but only the sense of it acting like a primer to better ignite the gasoline. Regardless, I have yet to see anybody post a convincing test of this concept to prove it actually works. Until then, I'm choosing to waste my time on other things like the constant wrenching on my motored bike and fixing the flats on the regular ones. :P

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #160
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
I have yet to see anybody post a convincing test of this concept to prove it actually works.
I am not out to convince anyone of anything, nor am I out for a quick buck.
You can read the log of my experiences here:

http://flapdoodledinghy.com/HHO_generator.html

My best was a 30% increase in mileage in town, but in conjunction with water/methanol injection.

flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote