Is HHO the way to go? - Page 24 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #231
Registered Member

for a '96 civic EX

If you're looking to do some HHO tinkering an EFIE is the single most important piece besides the HHO generator for a '96 and up vehicle.
I just ordered a dual EFIE and 75A PWM in the same pc board from ebay for $130, just make sure they say its the upgraded version of Zerofossilfuels design. (look up Zerofossilfuel on Youtube for tons of HHO info).
I Looked on shopkey and the primary O2 sensor (the one you hook up to the EFIE), has 4 wires BLK/WHT, BLK/YEL, WHT and GRN/BLK. I think the sensor wire is the BLK/WHT because its the only one that goes to the ECU.

speedofmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #232
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Why 96 and newer? OBD1 ECUs don't have the same 'problems'?

Old 10-27-2008, 06:28 AM   #233
Registered Member

Map Die

Thanks, I meant the Map Ehancer and I belive for my car it is the red/green wire.

Now, the problem I am having is when I hook the Map enhancer up, I start the car up and it slowly dies in like 10 seconds. iThat is on factory, when I turn it to enhanced, it does it in about 5 seconds and adjusting the nobs make no difference.

Is it not the signal wire I want to miss with but the power wire instead?

I know I have it hooked up right to the signal wire, I checked it 6x to be sure.

http://powweb.hondahookup.com/manual...e%20manual.PDF

That should be the manual for my 1996 Honda Civic EX Coup. The colors of the wires are teh same, but in different spots on my Map sensor in the car.

Why is my car dieing when I hook the Map Enhancer up? but when I take it off, it goes fine.

Thanks Will
Billman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:21 AM   #234
Registered Member

How is the MAP enhancer hooked up to power? Just coz if it's hooked up to a source that only works when the engine is running then your ECU may be having issues getting a baro reading at key-on before you start it.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #235
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
How is the MAP enhancer hooked up to power? Just coz if it's hooked up to a source that only works when the engine is running then your ECU may be having issues getting a baro reading at key-on before you start it.

So what does that mean? Sorry, but I think you are correct on that.

So what do I do to fix this problem?

Sorry, I am just so confused and want to get this working. Planning on taking a test drive this weekend, So what Can I do?

Thank you.

And yes, I have checked time and time again, the Map Enhancer is hooked up to the correct wires, and it is the correct way.

Thanks,
Will
Old 10-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #236
Registered Member

Sorry

It is hooked up on the green/red wire.

I have the black grounded. I have the one wire connected to the ECU as instructions show, and the other one going to the Map Sensor.

So I am very lost

If talking on the phone would help, I will PM my number to you or whomever else to call me or you can PM me your number for me to call you.

Thanks, I am just frusted with this part.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:44 AM   #237
Registered Member

Help?

Can anyone help me out?
Old 11-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #238
Registered Member

When you get in the car and move the key to or through the run position, the ECU will read the MAP sensor to callibrate itself with the current atmospheric pressure, a barometer, or "baro" reading. If your MAP enhancer is not powered at this point in time, the ECU may be unable to get a sensible reading.

Therefore, make sure that power is supplied to the MAP enhancer when the key is in the run position without the engine running, OR, rig a switch to bring it into circuit only after the engine is running.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
Old 11-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #239
Registered Member

Awesome Thank you

Awesome thank you!

Now I got it hooked up an check engine light dont come on
When i turn the nob all the way down, it wants to kill the car.

However, when I turn it to whatever else, it seems like it is making no difference.
So where do I set this at with a 1.6L engine?

Thanks. Will
Old 11-03-2008, 05:03 AM   #240
Registered Member

Find a big hill, long steady grade, that takes a fair amount of throttle below 2000 rpm to drive up it at a sensible speed and tweak it so it's just off chugging. Run a few tanks through, see if there's any improvement in mileage, if not ease it back a little more.