Is HHO the way to go? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #11
Registered Member

The installation I was referencing earlier is still installed in my friends volvo, so I don't have any pictures of that. Its basically just a mason jar as I said earlier. We have however been working on a new more cosmetically pleasing version, which I have uploaded pictures of. As you'll notice, we didn't purchased stainless steel washers on this model and it rusted quite badly. We have ordered some online, and will show our rig in action as soon as they come.

http://tprints.net/HHO

nsgrossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:51 AM   #12
Registered Member

That 10 mpg and 50% gain tallies well with the EPA figures for that car at maybe 23 highway.

I think you lucked out and put a simple generator on the right car....not putting what you did down...it's more than I've done which is zero so far in terms of hydrogen.

From what I can gather...there are some "groups" that focus on trying get get the greatest gas flow they can...and they get some very high flow rates but use some complicated tech to do it....and there are some "systems" like the HAFC where the simple H generator only puts out 1 L per minute...the other mpg gains coming from fuel heat/magnetics/sensor tweaking/fuel additives, etc.

Just ran across a video where the guy stated that he found a bunch of pizza cutters with ss disks (Dollar Store?) and bought them for the disks.

I'd stay with your simpler h generator with improvements and tweak in other areas...maybe try an EFIE?

You might try magnetics and fuel additives also. Oil additives...engine/trans/diff. PCV jar. Aero is also a good area to explore.

Might check this post out for some other Volvo ideas?

http://www.mpgresearch.com/viewtopic.php?t=1119

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:30 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgrossman View Post
The installation I was referencing earlier is still installed in my friends volvo, so I don't have any pictures of that. Its basically just a mason jar as I said earlier.
Let's see some pictures and more hard data. If it's still functioning, it would be as easy as taking the last set of pictures.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:21 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD26 View Post
Let's see some pictures and more hard data. If it's still functioning, it would be as easy as taking the last set of pictures.
I'll talk to him later 2nite about taking some pictures. As far as hard data what should we be doing to test it? As I said earlier, his mpg increased aprox. 50% (10 mpg) with normal driving. Any recommendations on things to test?

-Nate
nsgrossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #15
Registered Member

Before and after actual data that tries to control potential problems would be a start. Driving conditions, fuel stations, miles for each test, weather. Be reasonable. As it is, you've stated you had a gain "of 50%" to stating that you had a gain of "approximately 50%".

Shut the unit down. Drive it without and make tests too. Unless everything you have is perfect now, you'll never recognize what you did right.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:53 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgrossman View Post
I'll talk to him later 2nite about taking some pictures. As far as hard data what should we be doing to test it? As I said earlier, his mpg increased aprox. 50% (10 mpg) with normal driving. Any recommendations on things to test?-Nate
Sort of hard to test in winter...unless you don't see much snow. Valid tests to me are 2 way runs at 55 mph using a full tank...or a 3 tank avg using a typical driving route and style.

You need to leave out unusual driving techniques?

If the car is a daily commuter...test it that way? 3 tanks with...3 tanks without? Or just 3 tanks with considering the typical mileage for that car.

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadziasman View Post
See the bearded lady, the dog faced boy, the fire eater, only 50 cents folks, step right up. Thanks very much, friend!

A fool and his money are soon parted. There's a sucker born every minute.
She was practiced at the art of deception. Etc. Etc.
And this is from someone who has researched it and tried it or just someone who reads negatives into possible outcomes? I am planning to try it and no I do not understand the process or how it works but then I also do not understand how a diesel engine that is 4 cycle does not have vacuum like a gas engine. Does it work , of course. Now I will try the water thingy and see for myself perhaps you could too.
rangerbentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:18 AM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerbentman View Post
also do not understand how a diesel engine that is 4 cycle does not have vacuum like a gas engine.
?
Old 01-20-2008, 05:04 AM   #19
Registered Member

rangerbentman- diesels don't have a throttle valve. Its the restriction caused by a closed throttle valve that allows vacuum to build in the intake manifold of a gas engine. In a gas engine, when you open the throttle valve up all the way, the vacuum drops to close to zero- there is only a tiny amount of vacuum that causes air to rush through the filter and into the cylinders.
GasSavers_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:28 AM   #20
Registered Member

Sorry I was trying to get across that I am not a tech wizard and just because I do not know or understand a particular facet of life I do not throw in the towel as if the object does not exist. I will try the hho or hoh elcheapo gimmick and see if it does anything , and if it does I will post it to the positive or negative. I lose more on the stocks I own in 8 minutes than I stand to lose with this magical invention.

rangerbentman is offline   Reply With Quote