Plugs you will need to put a d15z1 into your MPFI Civic/CRX - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-17-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
Driving on E

Plugs you will need to put a d15z1 into your MPFI Civic/CRX

The following are images of plugs you'll need to properly wire a d15z1 engine in your mpfi civic/crx.

I just realized that I left a few out, so I'll add them later.

2 wires. This is the coolant temp sensor plug. You'll need one of them. You can find this on almost any Honda 1988+

2 wires. This is for the distributor coil. You can find this on any obd1 Honda. The colors will match your existing wires. You need one of these.

7 wires. This is the distributor plug. You can find this on any obd1 honda. The colors should match up, but if you have a problem I have an image with pin locations that match up to the ECU. If you are DPFI you'll have to add two wires to get seven wires like this plug has.

You will also need one of these wires for your 5 wire oxygen sensor. While the oxygen sensor itself is 5 wires, it has 7 wires going to it. The colors are not the same as the oxygen sensor's colors, but I can help you line up the colors correctly.

2 wires. This is for the EGR control box on the firewall. I'm going to have to double check this, but I'm certain this is the right plug.

3 wires. Wiring for the EGR solenoid. You can get this from any obd1 honda/acura. I think I found this one in a 90 acura, so it appear in some obd0 cars as well. These come in a variety of colors (the wires). The wire colors don't matter as much as the plug itself.

I also need to put a picture of the vtec plug and the vtec oil pressure plug.

You will also need either a conversion harness made for the ECU from Rywire, or a set of obd1 ECU plugs. I have a set of Civic VX plugs here that I can take a picture of tomorrow. Needless to say, unless you have zero money and lots of time, i'd recommend just getting the harness made through Rywire.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
*shrug*

Sends tyson on h-t a PM...

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
*shrug*

Added to the CRX FAQ on honda-tech,
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
Driving on E

Quote: