Restoring a vx - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #61
Registered Member

Re: Restoring a vx

Epic thread!!! You're an inspiration to us all! Clean car FTW!

Old 12-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by add|ct View Post
Epic thread!!! You're an inspiration to us all! Clean car FTW!
Thanks for the props. It's very satisfying to make some decent progress. Didn't get quite as far as I'd hoped over the last couple days, but progress has been made. Did a final clean up of the floor pans prior to the carpet going in. The carpet that came used a fairly decent mold, but no cut outs were present in the piece at all. This makes fitting a challenge and time consuming. Here are the final pans

Passenger side: It's hard to see, but there was a porous area just under the ecu connector and I used a bit of fiberglass mat topcoated with por15 to seal it up. It's a great technique I took from the store that sold me the product.

Driver's side got topcoated black and seam sealed

Passenger rear was stripped in any areas with bubbling and coated. You can see an area I've used seam sealer. The 99-00 si front seats don't quite match to the 92 bolt holes for this one mount only. The way I solved this was to drill through both sections of the frame rail, use a nutsert in the bottom rail and run a spacer tube to the pan. It was welded in place and ground down.

Driver's rear was pretty clean except for a little strip which was coated. same technique for the mount here. Both the factory holes were plugged with seam sealer to prevent the ingress of moisture.

Here's how far I got on the carpet installation. Pretty far for a few hours in the darn cold.

Peeking into the quarter panel hole you can see where the area was also treated with por15. I coated everything I could reach inside both sides.

hondaguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #63
Registered Member

More pictures to come soon. My order from majestic came in with some odds and ends that were needed. The carpet is still under construction, but the rest of the interior is in. I've added a pioneer stereo system with pioneer speakers and new oem antenna. I've polished out any scratches in the interior plastics as well. The only items to finish are a new set of locks for the doors and hatch and the driver's side rocker needs to be stripped and por15 treated. I plan on having everything completed in a week or so.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #64
Registered Member

My time lines are always way off. As of now I'm just finishing up the interior carpeting. The full interior is now back in the car minus the front seats and it really looks nice. I'm just about ready to move on to the next project, so check out the FS section as once this is fully completed it will be for sale.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #65
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO

Oh man, I wish I had the time/money to put into my VX like yours. too bad I just can't trade my VX for yours

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #66
Registered Member

i need to do this to my chevette, gotta order new carpet first....then get the outer quarter pannel fixed, then painted, haha
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #67

This car is looking amazing! I'd buy if I could, but I don't need another car... I'm a little far away too!
dalybrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #68
Registered Member

Well, this chapter is about to end. The sale is arranged and should be final in the somewhat near future. Here are some final pictures of the car.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...20restoration/

I did a very short test of mpg over 115 miles, about 70% highway and included 10 minutes of idling after the timing belt service was complete. Result, 41.07 mpg. Considering no hipermiling techniques and quite a bit of idle time, I would say the car will get in the mid 40's all the time and around 50mpg highway.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #69
Registered Member

Nicely done sir! The only thing I wouldn't have done is the Si seats. They are the least favorite part of my EM1.

GasSavers_Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote