Tailpipe Emission Test Results with HHO - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Experiments, Modifications and DIY
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
Its not OBD 2, 94 model year.

I doubt very seriously it would not pass. I was more interested in how close it would come to meeting the original California requirements for that model year when it was new. The original emissions warrantee was 5-50 and this car has 35k miles on the ODO.

Also curious about current emissions requirements, both Federal and California.

If it would pass those now, it supports my belief that the original problem was actually the fuel composition used to test originally, compared to todays 10% alcohol and much lower sulfur content.

How much is the test?

I believe it would have made a significant difference if the govt had required the fuel quality improvement instead of placing the additional burden on the manufacturer's to develop technology to pass emissions 15 years ago.

More powerful oil company lobbies versus auto manufacturer lobbies.

regards
gary
It costs $28.00, and you'd probably have quite a drive to get to an emissions testing station as since you are not in an emissions area the shops probably aren't buying that expensive equipment.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
Registered Member

I am driving to Chantilly tomorrow for other reasons, and have relatives living in Ashburn.

Thanks for the information. I will be in the area frequently in the future dealing with the Patent Office and attorneys.

Maybe I can find the time to satisfy my curiosity.

regards
gary

Old 07-24-2008, 06:47 PM   #13
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
I am driving to Chantilly tomorrow for other reasons, and have relatives living in Ashburn.

Thanks for the information. I will be in the area frequently in the future dealing with the Patent Office and attorneys.

Maybe I can find the time to satisfy my curiosity.

regards
gary
Chantilly and Ashburn, that's my neck of the woods... I live off of Sterling Blvd about a mile off of 28. I recommend getting an emissions test at the dealers around here. Usually if you emissions test at the dealer they can take it right in. If you go to a service station be prepared to wait a while, unless you go in the morning. I like Sterling Chevrolet. They are a Chevy/Saturn dealer. I'm sure being and authorized emissions station they have to do all makes though.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote