The Hull effect - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
j3s
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to j3s
Cool The Hull effect

HI. I bumped into this there about 2 weeks ago and now curious as to whether or not this could work. You will have to join this group
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/thehulleffect/
to read through the messages.
i am planning to go down and by the parts to see if this would work on my minivan. but basically it consists of reverse biased diodes hooked to the alternator and wired to the oil dipstick, the oil dipstick has to be insulated from the engine and some have used house wiring instead of the dipstick. They claim there mileage has gone up but it takes approx 10 miles of driving for the effect to kick in. Just wondering if any one here has tried this?
They stipulate using fast diodes but i was going to try some from radio shack.
Sounds like a pretty cheap experiment but i am skeptical as to wether are not this works. It somehow does something to the oil.

1995 plymouth minvan 2009 nissan cube
JES

j3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

Pigs fly too! Sounds technically sketchy and probably bogus.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3s View Post
HI. I bumped into this there about 2 weeks ago and now curious as to whether or not this could work. You will have to join this group
i am planning to go down and by the parts to see if this would work on my minivan. but basically it consists of reverse biased diodes hooked to the alternator and wired to the oil dipstick, the oil dipstick has to be insulated from the engine and some have used house wiring instead of the dipstick. They claim there mileage has gone up but it takes approx 10 miles of driving for the effect to kick in. Just wondering if any one here has tried this?
Sounds like a pretty cheap experiment but i am skeptical as to wether are not this works. It somehow does something to the oil.

JES

Wow, that page has some neat stuff, some contraption spewing flame in a bench vise, etc etc.. Sounds like bogus garbage to me.. Hey, I just noticed youre in Helena, I have a cousin and her "life partner" that live there and a lot of my family lives in Butte. I was stationed at Malmstrom AFB, Great Falls for 4 years and loved every minute of it, thats Gods country!!!

the less throttle you give, the more mileage you get!
hi tech hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:04 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Well, it sounds like snake oil, but it doesn't sound like someone's selling it as a product; so you're not supporting a scam industry by buying parts at Radio Shack. Try it out and let us know. Be sure to keep a proper gaslog before and after, accounting for changing driving conditions, weather conditions, and such.

To know if it really worked, you're going to need a lot of before and after data, and some A-B-A-B-A testing.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
j3s
Registered Member

I am from butte raised there graduated from butte high, now existing in Helena. Been tinkering with aternative energy since approx 1998. Have been tinkering with HHO off and on, put a small system in my van, not seeing any gains yet but i don;t use the van much. I feel like i am getting robbed every time i fill up at the gas pump. I remember those good ole days when gas was 25 cents a gallon. there fore i am willing to try anything thats cheap and has a little promise.

1995 plymouth minivan 2009 Nissan Cube

JES
Old 07-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
Site Team

For the benefit of us who can't or won't join the group (some kinda "group outage"), can you give a summary of the new technology? I'm having trouble putting the oil together with the alternator in my mind...

-BC
Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
j3s
Registered Member

yup thats my thought also, but i will try it just to see if its fact or fiction.
picked up a few diodes today. I kind of feel like a myth buster LOL.
Basically they state to try 2 reversed biased diodes hooked to the alternator output and there is mention of a capacitor being used, then running a wire to the oil dipstick making sure to insulate it so it never grounds to the dipstick tube when inserted. Make sure the end if the dipstick isn't insulated. They are also reporting that house wiring can be used instead of the dipstick, just make sure its insulated and the tip is bare, also the wire or dip stick need to seal the dipstick tube with a rubber stopper or something to that effect. they are experimenting with this, they order the diodes from mouser i think, and the part number is byt 03-400 i believe. They are also trying a ceiling fan control from home depot if my memory serves me. they also say that no aditional electronics are needed and this supposedly works on most vehicles. I am willing to try this but it may take awhile as we don't drive the van much and it takes approx 10 miles for this to take efect each time you use it.

1995 plymouth minivan 2009 Nissan Cube

JES
Old 07-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
Registered Member

Why even try it? What's the operating principle? What's the premise? A heated dipstick and hot oil is thinner? What's the goal- waste your time and money? Some things are so stupid you don't even need to test them to know.

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #9

Hull Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3s View Post

JES
This knowledge has been around since before the turn of the Century, and a revival again in 1950. It works, but forget getting a patent on anything of this nature. There are so many patents on this stuff it's endless. These type of experiments go back as far as Tesla and maybe further. Good stuff though.

Have fun !
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #10

Hull Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
Why even try it? What's the operating principle? What's the premise? A heated dipstick and hot oil is thinner? What's the goal- waste your time and money? Some things are so stupid you don't even need to test them to know.
If You think that's what it is, just in case You're interested You have a ton of reading to do. Cold Fusion and Magnetic fields I can surmise are not Your fields of endeavor.

Good Luck anyhow.

General is offline   Reply With Quote