Well, I just ordered some E rated Michelins for The Beast - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Experiments, Modifications and DIY
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
Site Team / Moderator

Well, I just ordered some E rated Michelins for The Beast

Well, this is how it goes... My roommate is thinking about getting married (to the wrong girl - but that's a different discussion). Anyway I'll probably be moving in a couple of months. That's when I was planning on buying my new tires. Since I have the money for new tires & an alignment right now I just called my brother in law @ the dealer to order new tires. Buy them now when I have money, and later all I have to worry about is moving expenses. Plus the E rated tires will be nice for moving some of my heavy furniture.

E's will also allow me to inflate up to 80 PSI without exceeding the tire's specifications.

I ordered the Michelin LTX A/S Size: LT265/75R16 Load Range: E. I have the install & alignment scheduled for Thursday morning. Thankfully I'm getting a good discount on the tires or otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford them.

-Jay

http://www.michelinman.com/tires/light-truck/ltx-as/

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
Registered Member

OOH, 10 plys. Let me know how they feel. The only comment I've seen from someone else is it's like being on ice skates (which I assume means that they have very low Crr), but I'm in need of tires too and very interested (same tire size too ;p ).

itjstagame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Site Team / Moderator

I had them installed last week... Here's a link to the thread.

http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=9033

I have them aired up to 70 PSI. It is a little harsher over potholes & speedbumps (but not too bad). Doesn't feel or sound any different on smooth pavement. Those stiff sidewalls really help in cornering though. I went through a cloverleaf @ 50 MPH today. No brakes, just coasting. I really haven't been driving it much - I want to save the gas in the tank for some heavy hauling I have to do over the weekend and I'd like to do it with the cheap(er) gas I currently have in the tank, so I've been driving the Buick more. Hopefully if all goes well once this price spike subsides I can fill up both vehicles.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote