We're saving on gas... - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #51
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbasedbiz View Post
What does MPG mean to you? When someone documents MPG before its use, then MPG after, how does that not equate to fuel efficiency?
The reports you posted indicated a decrease in emissions. Not an increase in fuel efficiency.

EDIT: An apology is in order. *Some* of the reports do indicate a fuel efficiency improvement. I would, however, like to reiterate that for most of the reports, the focus is on emissions reductions. Additionally, rather than reading a report from a company (that may be compensated to say nice things about your product) it would be nice to see a gas log on this site from you and a couple of others that show some results. As they say, "talk is cheap."

Quote:
I made the statement about the Unsers using the product because of the comment that just because they put their name on something, doesn't mean they endorse it...
Sure, and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you.

dosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #52
Registered Member

Smile

Yes, I know who Jeff is- he and Don Conrad are business partners (FBJM), I am working for them (but an independent contractor so they're my unofficial bosses)- I did sell to that customer. Well actually he kinda sold himself, he looked at the website, then called me-- I made 1,000 off the sale- Don and Jeff made 3,000 --which is explained at the Compensation Link. That's the check. Correct.
FBJM is different in that it sells education/promoting multiple online businesses (service), while Ethos/ForEarth sells product...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathright View Post
@faith: Look at this 1-3,000/sale link you made... the remitter of the check is an online web business promoter. I was thinking it was a customer who purchased your product.

Digging deeper, the page found here metions: You would have 10-15 Account Executives, like I am closing these same sales for YOU. Would the company you are working for be setup similar to this company? Incredible Money Making Potential Company!

Here is the promotor's website:
http://www.jeffreysloe.com/

faithbasedbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #53

dieselbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #54
Registered Member

WOW- A bridge in Brooklyn- just for me?
Scientific results: reduce emissions (gas going out your tail pipe, keeping gas in the tank where it belongs= fuelage increase) am I the only one who gets the concept? No I guess I'm not, based on results and how many people are contacting me to get more info...but I guess I mean on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosco View Post
The reports you posted indicated a decrease in emissions. Not an increase in fuel efficiency.

EDIT: An apology is in order. *Some* of the reports do indicate a fuel efficiency improvement. I would, however, like to reiterate that for most of the reports, the focus is on emissions reductions. Additionally, rather than reading a report from a company (that may be compensated to say nice things about your product) it would be nice to see a gas log on this site from you and a couple of others that show some results. As they say, "talk is cheap."

Sure, and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #55
Registered Member

cute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
Old 05-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #56
Registered Member

Quote:
Scientific results: reduce emissions (gas going out your tail pipe, keeping gas in the tank where it belongs= fuelage increase)
Do you have a link (or citation) to a scientific publication that explains how particulate emissions are related to fuel efficiency?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #57
Supporting Member

Quote:
Just trying to share with you all something that WORKS....I didn't anticipate this much controversy on it. I would think the fact that Firestone Indy Racing endorses it (they wouldn't put their name on the line for something that doesn't work), would be the clincher, and you've heard it from me, and my father in law...but hey...when pigs fly right?
The "fuel additive" market is full of scams, so you should definitely expect scrutiny. Part of your goal with this thread is to "get the word out", so you are achieving free advertising. Your are a "vested interest". Since a lot of people here spend a *ton* of time trying to prove/disprove mods, you should be willing to do the same. From a "forum thread" POV, you haven't lost your cool, so that's in your favor.

PS - Found it for $20 for a one pint bottle :

EthosFR-One Pint Bottle GUARANTEED! (Treats 160 Gallons of Fuel)
http://www.ethosfueladditive.com/servlet/Categories

Mayyyyyyyyyyyybe I'll try it for fun later on, but not right now,

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:59 PM   #58
Registered Member

The product causes fuel to burn cleaner, more efficiently (99.9%)..therefore the unburned fuel is burnt(put to use), giving you more gas mileage, rather than just sitting in your tank, turning to soot and pollution , then spewed as emissions into the environment...it's explained on the Fuel Reformulator Video-middle page

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosco View Post
Do you have a link (or citation) to a scientific publication that explains how particulate emissions are related to fuel efficiency?
Old 05-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #59
Registered Member

Quote:
The product causes fuel to burn cleaner, more efficiently (99.9%)..therefore the unburned fuel is burnt(put to use), giving you more gas mileage, rather than just sitting in your tank, turning to soot and pollution , then spewed as emissions into the environment...it's explained on the Fuel Reformulator Video-middle page
I'm sorry, dear, but that is not what I'm looking for. A link to your corporate HQ that has "explanations of how the product works" is not acceptable.

Additionally, I am not aware of any science that correlates emissions to fuel efficiency, or anything that links "how clean the burn is" to "how many miles per gallon" my car gets.

Furthermore, there are certain thermodynamic limitations with regards to how much heat is converted into mechanical work - to state that the fuel burns with 99.9% efficiency is pretty much meaningless in this context.

Again, you need to post some scientific data from a credible source for acceptance. Alternatively, give some to the folks here for testing, etc.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #60

There are legal issues to contend with when you get yourself involved in this kind of thing.

BUYER BEWARE

On a lighter, $5 says the bottle is full of Acetone.

dieselbenz is offline   Reply With Quote