Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   NEW Official Thread for posting daily FE updates (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/new-official-thread-for-posting-daily-fe-updates-4039.html)

psyshack 05-16-2007 05:27 AM

The wife turned in a tank of 38.3 mpg today in her Accord. Im very proud of her and her efforts. :)

psy

JanGeo 05-16-2007 08:57 AM

Found out why my woman friend with the 2007 Prius can't get good gas mileage - 44.2 average for 150 miles on present tank with less than 5k on the odometer . . . on the gas off the gas on the gas off the gas on a level road going a constant speed in traffic. Oh my aching neck!! I did a slow drive around Ocean Drive and got 50.0 mpg in my xB.

Fourthbean 05-16-2007 10:54 AM

I filled up today and hit my 30MPG goal! I wasn't expecting to hit it without any mods to my vehicle (not looking forward to that). I will have to create a new goal now as I thought it would take me a few months to get here! 18-30MPG with a tune-up of the car and driver!

Thanks guys!

Fourthbean

MetroMPG 05-16-2007 11:00 AM

Congrats, Fourthbean. It's fun on the way up the learning curve.

--

Drove the car today for the first time in a week and a half. 75 mpg round trip, city driving, in rain and 30 mph winds.

A weird feeling occurred to me as I got in and closed the door against the weather: having a car to drive is some luxury! It's easy to get used to it when you do it all the time... a bit of an eye opener when you don't.

SVOboy 05-16-2007 11:08 AM

Congratulations for me as well. Impressive with that old thing.

Also, a car is indeed a huge luxury. I kind of want to get rid of mine now, but I'm so sentimental with it...plus it would make good ev material. We'll see!

MnFocus 05-16-2007 12:20 PM

37.5 = 142.2miles on 3.79 gal . Not as good as the last fill but more miles driven on the tank (important for a 'real' average right ?) and it has been cooler/windy too ! I think this Focus likes it Hot . ScanGaugeII was ordered yesterday - so hopefully some improvements in my driving style will become consistant .

Whoa! Just saw Fourthbeans' 30 mpg in a BelAire to boot ! Sweeeet ! Gratz to you .

MetroMPG 05-16-2007 12:29 PM

MnFocus: woohoo! You're going to love that ScanGauge.

MnFocus 05-16-2007 12:32 PM

Metro ...I'm just missing the instant mpg readout my Cougar and SHO had ...this is going to be like info overload !!

Bill in Houston 05-16-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo (Post 51533)
Found out why my woman friend with the 2007 Prius can't get good gas mileage - 44.2 average for 150 miles on present tank with less than 5k on the odometer . . . on the gas off the gas on the gas off the gas on a level road going a constant speed in traffic. Oh my aching neck!!

Yep, I thnk that the reason that lots of people are unhappy with the mileage on their Prius cars is that lots of people are really bad drivers...

DrivenByNothing 05-16-2007 05:59 PM

As sad as this may sound, I was pleasantly surprised when I filled up and found that I'd gotten 20mpg city. I stretched that tank quite a bit.

I've begun pulsing and gliding on this tank, so we'll see. Can't wait to get something else. lol.