Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Diesels (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Honda Makes A Diesel! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f12/honda-makes-a-diesel-1394.html)

SVOboy 10-26-2005 08:30 PM

Haha, crx hf had all of 62

Haha, crx hf had all of 62 hp and a top speed of 114 I believe.

Matt Timion 10-26-2005 08:31 PM

It's true though. the 30 HP

It's true though. the 30 HP diesel had a top speed of like 65. Horrible for highway driving.

Compaq888 10-27-2005 08:34 AM

It sucks that we don't have

It sucks that we don't have cars like that in america. Everybody wants more power, for what???????? You can't go over 80 on the freeway without getting a ticket. I'd love to drive that TSX/Accord, 92 mpg I wouldn't have to refuel in almost 2 months. I pay $80-150 a month for gasolene depending on where I have to work.

Matt Timion 10-27-2005 09:02 AM

compaq888, you make a

compaq888, you make a wonderful point about these diesels. I never understood WHY people need to be able to go 100+ mph. I am honestly afraid to go above 80mph.

In my old saturn (2001 Sentra) I cruised at 100mph between LA and Vegas. I didn't even realize I was going that fast until I started investigating what that weird "hissing" noise was. It was the wind on my little Jack-in-the-Box antenna thing. The antenna was bent all the way back to the windshield.

i have never driven that fast since.

If you had a diesel that got 80mpg you would be able to save tons of money, even if the price of diesel doubled.

I'm convinced that diesel is going to be the next wave of fuel efficiency here in America. I see diesel making a comeback before electric cars start to make a real presense in the market.

Compaq888 10-27-2005 09:10 AM

Re: compaq888, you make a

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
compaq888, you make a wonderful point about these diesels. I never understood WHY people need to be able to go 100+ mph. I am honestly afraid to go above 80mph.

In my old saturn (2001 Sentra) I cruised at 100mph between LA and Vegas. I didn't even realize I was going that fast until I started investigating what that weird "hissing" noise was. It was the wind on my little Jack-in-the-Box antenna thing. The antenna was bent all the way back to the windshield.

i have never driven that fast since.

If you had a diesel that got 80mpg you would be able to save tons of money, even if the price of diesel doubled.

I'm convinced that diesel is going to be the next wave of fuel efficiency here in America. I see diesel making a comeback before electric cars start to make a real presense in the market.

They need to stop screwing around and make a diesel hybrid. Make the car run on electric motor 0-45mph on light accelaration and make the diesel run at freeway speeds. 100+mpg right there. If they can make a diesel accord that gets 92mpg they can definetly do this.

SVOboy 10-27-2005 10:56 AM

The VW Lupo is 61 hp

The VW Lupo is 61 hp turbocharged not hybrid and gets 115 mpg, the only diesel hybrid out there for real (in europe) is the VW golf eco.power, which isn't that much better than a tdi. None of the european companies (the diesel makers) want to mess with hybrids, and none of the japanese companies want to touch diesel. Japan's gone pretty far out of its way to kill diesel use.

omgwtfbyobbq 07-28-2006 09:11 AM

It's coming, for brains.

SVOboy 07-28-2006 09:13 AM

They talk about NG and yet they've stopped selling the GX, they still have the 05 listed on their site, tisk tisk.

omgwtfbyobbq 07-28-2006 09:22 AM

They have to appear partial. But we all know they're like "ZOMG diesel pwns!"

SVOboy 07-28-2006 09:32 AM

Well, it does of course, after they redesigned it...