Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Sync won't confirm (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/sync-wont-confirm-18039.html)

moopenguin32 09-29-2015 06:51 AM

I can confirm that changing the first letter of my email address from lowercase to uppercase allowed Gas Cubby to start syncing. As soon as I made the change, a dialog box displayed stating the email address has been confirmed for sync. Then I was able to initiate a sync and all of my data appeared.

It is a strange workaround, but I'm happy that it works.

I am using an iPhone 6s (just got it on Sunday) running iOS 9.0.1.

Ferdball 09-29-2015 07:11 AM

I've tried the capitilization trick, and now it says "This device is currently linked to the above email address." But I still have no data. I clicked on the "Request Backup Link," but I don't think that was a good idea.

I still have the email link from my old phone when I backed up the data. Is there a way to get this data (sqlite file?) onto my new phone?

BoltSteve 09-29-2015 07:17 AM

Ok, I capitalized the first letter in my email address and now it syncs. It doesn't match the setup on my old phone where it is all in lowercase, but at least it's resolved.

gadgetto 09-29-2015 07:26 AM

Capitalizing the first letter of my email and sync works now! Thanks for the workaround!

RobertV 09-29-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferdball (Post 185523)
I've tried the capitilization trick, and now it says "This device is currently linked to the above email address." But I still have no data. I clicked on the "Request Backup Link," but I don't think that was a good idea.

I still have the email link from my old phone when I backed up the data. Is there a way to get this data (sqlite file?) onto my new phone?

Did you tap the Sync icon yet?

I've been told the restoring instructions I posted in the past for the backup file does not work on iOS 9. So until Gas Cubby 3 comes out, I'm not aware of a way to import/restore the sqlite file from a previous version.

Ferdball 09-29-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185527)
Did you tap the Sync icon yet?...

I didn't. I thought I did... maybe.

So, it works now for me. Thanks.

jthart 09-29-2015 11:55 AM

Same thing here. Changing the first letter of my email address to be capital allowed me to sync again on a new 6s. Thank you!

mdusing 09-29-2015 12:30 PM

Same problem and emailed already. Seems like you guys don't care about GasCubby any more. If that's true fine, kill it and give us a way to merge into Fuelly. I would rather use a supported app.

mdusing 09-29-2015 01:28 PM

Capitalizing the first letter of my email did work for me.

mikesa 09-29-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185469)
Interesting. I was hoping Apple pulled the SSL thing (that's causing the sync problem) in 9.0.1 but I don't see any mention of it in the release notes.

We are still digging into this. Our fix last week should've fixed it for everyone, but from those I contacted, reported back it didn't resolve the issue.

I restored my iPhone 6s as new and the account would not confirm. I tried the solution in the following thread "Sync won't confirm" I capitalized the first letter in my email address and hit send again and it gave a message that account was already confirmed and then I was able to sync

RobertV 09-29-2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesa (Post 185541)
I restored my iPhone 6s as new and the account would not confirm. I tried the solution in the following thread "Sync won't confirm" I capitalized the first letter in my email address and hit send again and it gave a message that account was already confirmed and then I was able to sync

Excellent!

----

For those of you following this thread (I've merged the 2 separate threads regarding the same issue)-
If you have NOT received an email from me today (I'm pretty sure I messaged everyone who had messaged the Help Desk previously) either shoot me another message to support@fuelly.com or the gist of what I sent was:
Quote:

While I cannot promise this will 100% resolve the issue for everyone, it has been brought to our attention by other users that simply capitalizing the first letter of your email address has “magically” fixed the bug and allowed sync to perform. Ex: What you’ve entered so far: “yourname@email.com” and what you should try changing it to: “Yourname@email.com”. If that doesn’t work, you may try playing with the capitalization and lowercase letters (like changing back to all lowercase after adding a capital letter before).
Based on the responses I've received via email, on here, and on Twitter, this seems like a solid work-around for the time being.

grjg 09-30-2015 05:35 AM

I had the sama problem. Support sugested to me to set the first leter of my email to CAPITAL (from grjg@ to Grjg@) and it worked. My Iphone and my Ipad sync data after the change. The change must be don on the device that is #2 (calkbord).
Best, GRJG

coffeebreath 10-06-2015 05:14 AM

Capitalization works!

Same issue here, and as grjg (and others) reported, capitalizing the first letter of my e-mail address works! Data is all there now.

What a strange workaround...but glad it's effective.

DougP1313 10-19-2015 01:06 PM

Changing the first letter to a capital letter allowed Gas Cubby Sync on new device

Upgraded from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6S.
Sync didn't work, I couldn't get past the "This email is pending confirmation" screen.
Changing the first character in my email address from "d" to "D" got past the screen, the data synced immediately. 4 cars and service records in Gas Cubby going back to 2013 popped up right away with no loss of data. (Running Version 9.0.2)

Thanks!:)

comphy 10-19-2015 02:44 PM

Finally got a reply with this workaround, and it worked. Simply capitalizing the first letter of your email address has “magically” fixed the bug and allowed sync to perform.
I have my data back in Gas Cubby now, thanks.

nerdkmutt 10-31-2015 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfinberg (Post 185337)
I was having the same problem. I got a notification email that I had accepted, but the app still didn't recognize the account as registered on the second device. I'd restarted, checking for spaces, closed the app, etc.

What did magically work was changing the capitalization of the email address to exactly match that used on the first device. As soon as I changed it, the device recognized that it was registered and synced. So something else people might look for.

Thank you Sir, Worked.

mgcantero 11-03-2015 09:21 AM

The option to set the first letter of my name to upper case worked for me. Thank you for the great responses everyone!

kroupat 11-10-2015 09:58 PM

No Account Gas Cubb

Upgraded from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5S.
I had the same problem. Changing the first character in my email "k" to "K".
Now sync is OK.

MarkA1388 11-21-2015 01:07 PM

Glad to say the capital at the front of the email worked but the icon is still a blank on the iPad. What's the news with the update / upgrade to eliminate that ?

RobertV 11-23-2015 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkA1388 (Post 186182)
Glad to say the capital at the front of the email worked but the icon is still a blank on the iPad. What's the news with the update / upgrade to eliminate that ?

Have you tried a fresh install? I was under the impression that had been resolved months ago. Please let me know if it remains after a complete reinstall of GasTracker.

LittleHim 11-23-2015 11:08 AM

The icon on iPad was claimed to be fixed in the 'next' update, as there has not been a 'next' update yet the fix has not been fixed.

MarkA1388 11-30-2015 02:02 AM

Yes tried new install that's why I needed the system to sync again.. no logo or app icon still....

VicC 12-01-2015 12:30 PM

I had the same issue on a new IOS device - would not go beyond"This e-mail is pending confirmation." - As noted in posts on 11/03 and 11/11 - entering the e-mail address, capitalizing the first letter of the e-mail address worked to set up on new device. Now I am experiencing a different issue: when I 'sync' the new device, it says it is synced and indicates the current date, but the data is NOT updated. Any additional ideas - will be looking further into Forum posts.

USMCLXV 12-03-2015 10:15 AM

Unable to sync

After upgrading to Gas Cubby on iPhone 6, I followed the instructions to sync: Enter EMA, got an EM in responds, clicked on the enclosed link, was sent to a page indicating 'Success". Went back to app on iPhone, Pressed Sync button: got msg Setup/Login and a screen that read "This email is pending confirmation".

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration on this matter.

VicC 12-03-2015 10:48 AM

Setup/Login on iOS device

When you enter your e-mail address on your iOS device, i.e. iPhone 6s, capitalize the first letter of your e-mail address. Once I did that, I had no problem syncing. Note: You may have to wait a few minutes after getting the 'SUCCESS' message to verification of your e-mail address.

USMCLXV 12-03-2015 11:08 AM

That worked for me. Thanks VicC.

Stay strong, focused and well.