Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Missing Data Issues (Re-Run 2.7 to 3.0 Upgrade) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/missing-data-issues-re-run-2-7-to-3-0-upgrade-18895.html)

RobertV 09-19-2016 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lebrower (Post 191203)
Hello Robert,

No need.

I was able to reset and restart from a backup. For reasons I do not completely understand I was able to get ver 3.0.8 up and my data is still present.

Let's put it down to my fault and let me offer my apologies for an intemperate post.

Well, I'm glad you were able to get your data restored.
I don't see you syncing to Fuelly.com though, is that by choice? Are you wanting to remain 'offline' per-se?
My only caveat lector would be in the event of device loss/failure, without syncing to Fuelly.com, your data is only saved locally on your device. Therefore, getting a new device, or factory resetting your current may leave you with ultimate data loss!

lebrower 09-19-2016 01:18 PM

Yes that is by choice.

My best guess at this point is my first attempt to upgrade to 3.0.8 was foiled by a network communication issue that either blocked or disrupted my connection to the internet. Correcting the communication issue, restoring from back up and reloading 3.0.8 seems to have worked.

andyrobo 09-21-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lebrower (Post 191211)
Yes that is by choice.

My best guess at this point is my first attempt to upgrade to 3.0.8 was foiled by a network communication issue that either blocked or disrupted my connection to the internet. Correcting the communication issue, restoring from back up and reloading 3.0.8 seems to have worked.

Actually, I don't think it was a network issue. The primary issue for botched migrations was data in the old database not in the expected format for the new database. This migration happened only on your phone was done without sending any data over the internet. So it was likely that the issue was resolved with the re-run migration process which addressed the data issue.

The only thing that was used by a connection was to send a backup of a user's data to our server for emergency purposes. We decided to that in case people deleted their apps, we could then provide them that backup. As time passes we will purge those backups. They will not be part of the Fuelly community data.

Some people did have connection issues on the first night of the upgrade. A flaw in the architecture of the system accidentally created a DDOS type of event where the apps were hammering the server in an unsustainable way. Within 24 hours we had added two huge web servers we had the capacity to handle all the requests while we were working on an app update. Once the app was updated the load on the server was no longer a concern.

Some people went through the update at the exact same time as the server load being extremely high. In a few rare cases that caused the backup URL to not work. In those cases they can still re-run the migration using the data on their phone. If they also deleted the app, we can try to pull their data from the old backup server.

cchock 09-22-2016 11:34 AM

Hi, any luck finding my data?

bohicaIL 09-22-2016 01:52 PM

So today I noticed that one of my vehicles was missing ALL service logs! So I did a reconversion of the 2.7 data using the url that was emailed to me, and now they are there. I have not sync'd yet because I'm afraid this will cause duplicate vehicles (again- happened to me before). So my questions: 1) will it create duplicate entries? 2) if so, is there a way to clear the sync fuelly.com login first? 3) if not, can I remove that account completely and create a NEW sync account?

Hembrey 09-22-2016 06:59 PM

horrible

my data is completely gone. This whole process is ridiculous. How do I find my url? The support people sent me "my" cvs but it is nothing more than form filed choices (fuel type, service type, etc) 6 years of stat just evaporated due to a failed implementation by Fully.

weak

FreeLunch 09-22-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchock (Post 191273)
Hi, any luck finding my data?

cchock - your your fuelly mail

FreeLunch 09-22-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bohicaIL (Post 191276)
So today I noticed that one of my vehicles was missing ALL service logs! So I did a reconversion of the 2.7 data using the url that was emailed to me, and now they are there. I have not sync'd yet because I'm afraid this will cause duplicate vehicles (again- happened to me before). So my questions: 1) will it create duplicate entries? 2) if so, is there a way to clear the sync fuelly.com login first? 3) if not, can I remove that account completely and create a NEW sync account?

1) If there are cars in your current profile and you login with your existing cars, then it will duplicate the cars. See the below post for how to delete duplicate cars. You can also delete the cars before your migrate.

https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/dup...les-18896.html

2) Yes if you follow the instructions in this post, it will not duplicate your cars. Just make sure to follow the instructions very carefully. The key is to login before you start the migration process.

https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/mis...ade-18895.html

3) Yes you can delete an account if you like and create a new one.

cchock 09-22-2016 08:54 PM

data url received, and synced on new 3.0 app. thank you!

cchock 09-22-2016 09:15 PM

Data synced ok. Entered two new entries and deleted duplicate service reminders.
Ran sync data again and it's taking forever... Says syncing all data

cchock 09-22-2016 10:26 PM

deleted app and synced again... seems to be working

omegahelix 09-23-2016 06:23 AM

Could you please send me my data as a CSV?

bohicaIL 09-23-2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeLunch (Post 191284)
1) If there are cars in your current profile and you login with your existing cars, then it will duplicate the cars. See the below post for how to delete duplicate cars. You can also delete the cars before your migrate.

https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/dup...les-18896.html

2) Yes if you follow the instructions in this post, it will not duplicate your cars. Just make sure to follow the instructions very carefully. The key is to login before you start the migration process.

https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/mis...ade-18895.html

3) Yes you can delete an account if you like and create a new one.

Thanks. I was logged into the account, and it did work. Interestingly, though, when I deleted the app and reinstalled from on my iPad and it sync'd, it missed the "partial fillup" flag on one of my entries that it imported. I detected it because on the iPad it showed a different highest mpg, and it was because it didn't import that it was a partial fillup.

FreeLunch 09-23-2016 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omegahelix (Post 191290)
Could you please send me my data as a CSV?

Please see this FAQ:
FAQ: I would like to export my data!

OtisH 09-24-2016 12:59 PM

Still can't get it to work

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyrobo (Post 191002)
Jim, it sounds like you will need to re-run the upgrade and set the distance/volume prior to import. That will fix the unit issue but not the duplicate log entries due to rounding error. We are aware of the rounding issue, it's on our list for the next build. I know this is not an ideal suggestion but if possible, I would wait until the next app update which should be able to fix both of your issues. That means writing down any entries so you can add them later.

If you really want to get the app online, I believe we can walk you through the re-upgrade using your backup URL where you can set the units. That should fix that issue but the rounding issue will still exist. So if you can wait, we should hopefully fix that in next weeks release.

Basically our focus was on trying to fix the largest issues that affected the most people. We still have a list of smaller issues that need to be resolved. We are prioritizing them based on the number of reports we are having for each issue. The issues with the most reports are getting fixed first.

We have been trying to size up the number of people affected and my rough math would suggest we had some around 10% (+/- 5%) of users might have had some type of issue. Of those, we are hoping, 80% of the issues will be resolved with this last fix released yesterday. Next week we will focus on the other fixes in our next release to hopefully resolve 80% of the last remaining issues. Keep repeating.

As for a CSV export, we don't have a tool that will take your old GasCubby 2.7 and convert it to CSV. Once you are on Fuelly we do have an export tool to get a CSV.

Sam, we will be in touch to investigate. We are trying to find patterns so we can systematically resolve the issues with an update.

Otis, we will investigate. Just don't delete the app and make sure you have a backup URL saved in your emails.

Thanks, it means a lot to get some support, we really appreciate it. Last week was a long stressful week trying to identify and fix the issues. It sure will be nice to get everyone take care of and be able to focus on the future. Thanks for keeping a positive attitude and being patient.

I re-ran the upgrade and am still missing two vehicles. I have not deleted the app and am running V.3.0.9, build 3.0.9.10
1. The update still shows an Ultra Limited with no data -VIN, fuel entries, tag, service, notes, etc. This vehicle is a 2016 FLHTK Ultra Limited Harley Davidson. There are several entries associated with this vehicle.

2. I am completely missing a recently purchased 2016 Ram 2500 truck. The website shows this vehicle was entered, but it is not in my garage. There were only one or two entries associated with this vehicle, but I no longer have the records so I am unable to duplicate the entries. This is minor, and to quote Jerry Jones I may be trying to circumcise a mosquito but if that info is available I would like to have it.

3. My 2001 Hyundai records stop in April 2016

Thanks,

Otis

cchock 09-26-2016 10:02 AM

Previously sync was stuck. Solved by deleting app and reinstalling and sync again.
Today entered one oil change service and tried to sync...stuck again.

RobertV 09-26-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cchock (Post 191349)
Previously sync was stuck. Solved by deleting app and reinstalling and sync again.
Today entered one oil change service and tried to sync...stuck again.

Unlike the previous vesion of the app (v2)- After adding a fuel up or service entry, you do not need to force a sync. If you're logged into a Fuelly account, your data will automatically sync after adding a new entry.

dieselsmoke1967 09-26-2016 11:04 AM

Just wanted to update everyone, especially the Fuelly team, that after updating my iPhone app to the latest release this morning (3.0.10, build 3.0.10.1) and re-running the migration as listed in another thread here, I am now able to see all my data and so far everything appears to be fixed.

Thank you Fuelly team!

DaleMc 09-26-2016 05:28 PM

I just went through my log and find missing service entries for my F250 that I have entered every expense since I bought it new 3 years ago. I am not a happy paid client for this application. Your upgrade was a disaster for some of us and I just followed your instructions and went back to Aug and reran the migration I am still missing data. This is not what I paid for.

saraandbob 10-07-2016 07:25 AM

Still Missing Data

After several re-migrations and following your instructions exactly, we are still missing data from 2008-2009 for the Mazda Miata as well as missing data from August 2016 for the 2014 Lexus rx350. How do we get the data back?

jimkarthauser 10-14-2016 01:18 AM

Whatever anyone says my data is definitely corrupted. Its imported with a mix of KM figures and miles figures. I will have to edit each entry manually in order to correct it. It's just too far gone. Unfortunately my emails are now going unanswered so I've decided to post on here.

I can accept I'll have to 'fix' my corrupted data.

However, I’m still looking for a solution for my alternative fuel use (I sometimes fuel with Diesel and sometimes with Vegetable Oil) I can’t figure out how to add it in to the database - the only solution I can see is to substitute the name for something else like one of the biodiesel options?

Also, how does the new app handle partial fill ups? Gas Cubby used to spread the MPG calculation across the partial fill ups and the newest consecutive total fill up, but Fuelly just seems to leave the partial fill ups blank and disregard them from the calculations.

Thanks

srodee 10-15-2016 12:27 PM

I used the app all through last year (2015), recently went through a divorce and was forced to start my own apple ID, i cannot figure out how to get the information off of my old apple ID, nor do i know how to check for original date of purchase, but i do believe we were using the paid version at the time. Is there a way for me to get that information back? it has all of the data from my car from the day i bought it.
My old Apple ID was scaudra@gmail.com and it was for a 2012 suabru outback 3.6r

EMY92 10-18-2016 04:45 AM

I don't see a back up data link for that email address. I will try some other options to see if I can dig up some data for you.

Edit:

I did try to retrieve data, but it appears that there was never a back up saved. You data was saved in the app on your phone. You may want to contact Apple to see what your options are to use an iCloud back up to recover the information.

I am sorry that there is not more that I can do to help.

jimkarthauser 11-04-2016 12:10 PM

Hi EMY92 - are you there to help me too?

EMY92 11-04-2016 12:27 PM

Jim,

What are you looking for? I do see a good amount of data in your Fuelly profile. However, I do not see any data syncing since you migrated. I reviewed our data log and do not see any errors in sync attempts, but there were only a few attempts in October.

If you have any error messages appearing, it would be helpful if you could take a screenshot and send them to the Support link in the app. That will provide me a little more data that may be useful.

jimkarthauser 11-04-2016 12:30 PM

My questions are above. All of my data is corrupted since the migration to the new app.

Robert V was helping me by email, but then disappeared.

EMY92 11-04-2016 12:43 PM

OK,

I don't want to risk you losing the data in the app that hasn't synced. I will set up a test account that I will migrate the data to. I will then transfer these vehicles to your Fuelly profile. You will need to accept them in your Fuelly mail.

I am concerned that you have unsynced data on your phone, especially since I do see attempts to sync without generating an error in our log.

If you do not have many records entered since migration, it might be easier to manually re-enter them into Fuelly after I transfer the vehicles. I will add a "2" to the names of the vehicles transferred.

Once you capture the unsynced data, delete Gas Cubby and re-install from the app store.

I will transfer the vehicles to your Fuelly mail shortly.

EMY92 11-04-2016 01:08 PM

Jim,

Actually, I do see synced information for the Polo, please ignore the above about the syncing issue.

What I want you to do with the Polo currently in your Fuelly garage, scroll to below the "Log Book" and "Export Fuel-ups" from Sept. 9 to now. Save this file to your computer. After you accept the transfer of the vehicles to your Fuelly garage, "Import Fuel-ups" to Polo2.

Once you verify that the information is correct, you may delete/retire the duplicate vehicles, the open the app and "Sync All Data". You data should be straightened out.

jimkarthauser 11-08-2016 08:16 AM

I haven't used the app at all since the upgrade EMY92. Can you talk me though exactly what to do to restore my data.

Thanks

EMY92 11-08-2016 08:26 AM

Jim,

Log into your Fuelly.com profile. You will have "Fuelly Mail". Open the mail and accept the vehicles that I transferred to you.

This will bring the your vehicles that I migrated to a test account into your Fuelly garage.

Next, I would delete the "old" vehicles, except for the Polo. Please follow the instructions above to move the fuel ups from the Polo currently in your garage to the Polo2 that I transferred to you.

jimkarthauser 11-08-2016 08:34 AM

Thank you - I have three vehicles though - the only active one is the transporter now - but I'd like to keep the data from the other two. Does this change anything?

EMY92 11-08-2016 08:38 AM

No, that won't change anything. I would delete the vehicles with incomplete data and replace with the ones that I transferred to you.

If you would like to keep the records of the other two, you may retire them. They will not be visible in Gas Cubby, but you will be able to view the data in Fuelly.

jimkarthauser 11-08-2016 09:38 AM

So, I've done that, looking at the transporter2 file, its still corrupted. I've no choice but to either quit the app, or start afresh, I guess.

dghattierdc 11-29-2016 12:02 PM

Wtf

Can you please tell me why you did this? I don't have an ipod or another iphone to migrate to and don't recall ever being told to that . I have used gas cubby for years and have had all of my data now wiped out.

I think I upgraded to 3 what ever just because it had been a while. I should have realized that techies are never happy. Us users might be.

I am seriously disappointed.

Since I never had 2.7 to "migrate" to or from or what ever now wtf do I do.

Not very happy. This used to be an easy extremely reliable small platform.

EMY92 11-29-2016 12:15 PM

Please open Gas Cubby 3.0 and sent in a ticket to the help desk, that gives me more information that I can get off of the message board. We should be able to help.

Arnoud 12-16-2016 01:23 AM

GasCubby kept pestering me about migrating while everything seemed to sync fine with fuelly.com. To get rid of the migration request, I decided to migrate.

After migration I was stuck with many duplicate vehicles with data spread across these vehicles. Unfortunately this was immediately synced to my fuelly account so now my fuelly data was also messed up. So I decided to delete the app and restore the backup that was made before the migration.

When entering the URL for the backup, I got an "invalid URL" warning. For some reason it still managed to do something with my data and now I'm left with 2 vehicles, 1 with messed up data and the other without any data.

I'm following the advice of the above post to use the Feedback link in Gas Cubby, but I get the message "We're attempting to connect. Thanks for your patience!" with a connection never happening.

Does this mean I have to start all over again, losing 5 years of data?? Or is there a way to just restore the data that I had on fuelly until yesterday and sync that back to the app?

EMY92 12-16-2016 01:40 AM

Sorry about the difficulties.

I have examined the vehicles and combined the data back into one vehicle of each model. Please check your Fuelly profile to make sure that it is now correct. There are a few vehicles that have been deleted, but I do not know when that happened, they didn't match the other active vehicles in your profile.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Arnoud 12-16-2016 02:01 AM

Thanks for the attempt to fix this.

The average L/100km for the 508 looks good, but the detailed data and other averages are completely off. For instance, prices are listed as around 4€ while they should be around 1.10€. Distances & liters are also incorrect. At first it seemed as if my data was treated as imperial instead of metric, but some distances then still do not make any sense (e.g. distances of 70-90km, while a distance of around 1000km is normal).

For the other car the distances could be realistic, but all other data is wrong incl. the averages..

EMY92 12-16-2016 02:25 AM

I'll dig a little deeper into it. If one of the vehicles showed to be in the US, then the import would have been coverted. The price of 4 Euros would be right if the price per liter was converted to price per gallon.

teashay 12-31-2016 12:59 PM

help with re-migration

I had to reset my iPhone so I lost all my gas cubby info. I do have my link from syncing. Unfortunately I just found out today that you all have a new and improved app. I'm trying to add my old info to the new app. Please help. I have very important car info on there that I need. Unfortunately my last back up was 11-12-16. but its better than having nothing. Please help me restore my info. email is the same for gas cubby and fully.