Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Sync won't confirm (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/sync-wont-confirm-18039.html)

RobertV 09-26-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesa (Post 185452)
I bought the new iPhone 6s and restored from a a backup the previous day and lo and behold Gas Cubby works. It did not work on a fresh install go iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 but was on the iPhone 6s restored from a backup of the phone that it did not work on. :confused:

Any chance you have iOS v9.0.1?

Chinesealbumguy 09-27-2015 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfinberg (Post 185337)
I was having the same problem. I got a notification email that I had accepted, but the app still didn't recognize the account as registered on the second device. I'd restarted, checking for spaces, closed the app, etc.

What did magically work was changing the capitalization of the email address to exactly match that used on the first device. As soon as I changed it, the device recognized that it was registered and synced. So something else people might look for.

Created an account just to thank you for this. Yes it works for me.

Just moved to iphone 6S and could not get it to work. Same situation as yours.

Saw your post and changed the capitalization of my email first character from p to P and viola it worked !!

Thank you !!!

mikesa 09-27-2015 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185464)
Any chance you have iOS v9.0.1?

Yes I did update it to 9.0.1. and it still works. It was at 9.0 when I bought the phone and everything was restored before I Ieft Apple and so I opened the app and hit the sync button and everything came back

RobertV 09-27-2015 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesa (Post 185466)
Yes I did update it to 9.0.1. and it still works. It was at 9.0 when I bought the phone and everything was restored before I Ieft Apple and so I opened the app and hit the sync button and everything came back

Interesting. I was hoping Apple pulled the SSL thing (that's causing the sync problem) in 9.0.1 but I don't see any mention of it in the release notes.

We are still digging into this. Our fix last week should've fixed it for everyone, but from those I contacted, reported back it didn't resolve the issue.

RobertV 09-27-2015 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinesealbumguy (Post 185465)
Created an account just to thank you for this. Yes it works for me.

Just moved to iphone 6S and could not get it to work. Same situation as yours.

Saw your post and changed the capitalization of my email first character from p to P and viola it worked !!

Thank you !!!

Welcome aboard and thanks for commenting that this worked for you. I'm curious if others have tried this as well?

Vyrenee 09-27-2015 04:37 PM

Having same problem

lukeryan 09-27-2015 06:09 PM

Tried it. But no luck.

lukeryan 09-27-2015 06:12 PM

Okay, so I just tried changing it back to a lowercase, when I hit send it said that I was already setup and everything started working. Weird. I had already been trying the lowercase version, so the order of things must be important here.

BoltSteve 09-28-2015 01:48 PM

I'm having this same issues with my 6s+ with 9.0.1. The iTunes restore when I purchased the new phone didn't restore Gas Cubby for whatever reason, but luckily I still have it on my old phone with is a 4s with 9.0.1. So I can sync the 4s but not the 6s+

RobertV 09-28-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltSteve (Post 185510)
I'm having this same issues with my 6s+ with 9.0.1. The iTunes restore when I purchased the new phone didn't restore Gas Cubby for whatever reason, but luckily I still have it on my old phone with is a 4s with 9.0.1. So I can sync the 4s but not the 6s+

Can you try doing what the posters above have tried? Re-typing your email address to be exactly as you have it on the other devices. May need to try changing it slightly (fUelly vs Fuelly vs fuelly, etc) and then changing it back.