Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   my first 70+ mpg (US) segment (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/my-first-70-mpg-us-segment-1825.html)

krousdb 03-30-2006 05:02 PM

Re: You're starting to kill me,

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
You're starting to kill me, dan. I will try to get it soon, I swear, the guy hasn't returned my call yet though.

Anyway, I can't pm so, so I saved my thoughts into word. Basically, mx-5 12 pound 14x5.5 wheels for 200 and I'm unsure but will check about the ecu.

No problem about the tranny SVO. Just jealous of basjoos. The tranny alone wont get me to his level.

Are you saying you found me some HX wheels for $200?

What wrong with the PM?

SVOboy 03-30-2006 05:04 PM

They're not HX, they're

They're not HX, they're mazda mx-5, google image them I guess. The pm just hates me I guess.

EDIT: Anyway, on topic. I feel like I'll do well this tank even though it didn't get full for whatev reason, so I'll be screwed for mileage. I would assume a full tank would add between 70 and 80 miles based on the trend I'm seeing now. Hoping to break the 50mpg barrier on a full tank before I go manual tranny.

XFi 03-31-2006 01:05 PM

12lb. rims?

Did you say 12lbs for a 14x5.5 rim...thats light! My 12x4 rims weigh in at 10. 12lbs is not bad at all for that big of a rim...notice how 'big' is a relative term. :)

SVOboy 03-31-2006 01:47 PM

My new 13x5 (I think 5),

My new 13x5 (I think 5), weigh 9, woot.

basjoos 03-31-2006 04:29 PM

krousdb, if you haven't

krousdb, if you haven't already done so, you might consider disconnecting your power steering. The CX doesn't have power steering and doesn't need it, especially with 50+ psi in the tires. I wonder how many MPG the power steering pump is removing from your potential mileage?

krousdb 03-31-2006 04:38 PM

Re: krousdb, if you haven't

Quote:

Originally Posted by basjoos
krousdb, if you haven't already done so, you might consider disconnecting your power steering. The CX doesn't have power steering and doesn't need it, especially with 50+ psi in the tires. I wonder how many MPG the power steering pump is removing from your potential mileage?

Well I'm quite sure that there will be no change in FE as I don't have power steering on my car. I do have AC but I don't use it. Just this evening I began installing my belly pan. Hopefully that will help a bit. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

SVOboy 03-31-2006 04:59 PM

What happened to your power

What happened to your power steering? Did you know it was a dealer option much like a passenger side mirror? Some crazy **** was options, I loved honda.

krousdb 04-01-2006 03:25 AM

Re: What happened to your power

Quote:

What happened to your power steering? Did you know it was a dealer option much like a passenger side mirror? Some crazy **** was options, I loved honda.

It did not come with power steering. The Si models had it. I have the S.

SVOboy 04-01-2006 08:27 AM

Well, according to my

Well, according to my sources power steering was standard for no one, just generally added. It sucks anyway.

Matt Timion 04-01-2006 10:21 AM

Re: What happened to your power

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Quote:

It did not come with power steering. The Si models had it. I have the S.

BTW, I drove a 92 Del Sol Si last night for the first time. I LOVED IT! What a fun car to drive.

Oh, and the power steering rocks. My car has it, and so does the Si I drove last night. LOVE IT!