Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Sync won't confirm (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/sync-wont-confirm-18039.html)

moopenguin32 09-29-2015 06:51 AM

I can confirm that changing the first letter of my email address from lowercase to uppercase allowed Gas Cubby to start syncing. As soon as I made the change, a dialog box displayed stating the email address has been confirmed for sync. Then I was able to initiate a sync and all of my data appeared.

It is a strange workaround, but I'm happy that it works.

I am using an iPhone 6s (just got it on Sunday) running iOS 9.0.1.

Ferdball 09-29-2015 07:11 AM

I've tried the capitilization trick, and now it says "This device is currently linked to the above email address." But I still have no data. I clicked on the "Request Backup Link," but I don't think that was a good idea.

I still have the email link from my old phone when I backed up the data. Is there a way to get this data (sqlite file?) onto my new phone?

BoltSteve 09-29-2015 07:17 AM

Ok, I capitalized the first letter in my email address and now it syncs. It doesn't match the setup on my old phone where it is all in lowercase, but at least it's resolved.

gadgetto 09-29-2015 07:26 AM

Capitalizing the first letter of my email and sync works now! Thanks for the workaround!

RobertV 09-29-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferdball (Post 185523)
I've tried the capitilization trick, and now it says "This device is currently linked to the above email address." But I still have no data. I clicked on the "Request Backup Link," but I don't think that was a good idea.

I still have the email link from my old phone when I backed up the data. Is there a way to get this data (sqlite file?) onto my new phone?

Did you tap the Sync icon yet?

I've been told the restoring instructions I posted in the past for the backup file does not work on iOS 9. So until Gas Cubby 3 comes out, I'm not aware of a way to import/restore the sqlite file from a previous version.

Ferdball 09-29-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185527)
Did you tap the Sync icon yet?...

I didn't. I thought I did... maybe.

So, it works now for me. Thanks.

jthart 09-29-2015 11:55 AM

Same thing here. Changing the first letter of my email address to be capital allowed me to sync again on a new 6s. Thank you!

mdusing 09-29-2015 12:30 PM

Same problem and emailed already. Seems like you guys don't care about GasCubby any more. If that's true fine, kill it and give us a way to merge into Fuelly. I would rather use a supported app.

mdusing 09-29-2015 01:28 PM

Capitalizing the first letter of my email did work for me.

mikesa 09-29-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185469)
Interesting. I was hoping Apple pulled the SSL thing (that's causing the sync problem) in 9.0.1 but I don't see any mention of it in the release notes.

We are still digging into this. Our fix last week should've fixed it for everyone, but from those I contacted, reported back it didn't resolve the issue.

I restored my iPhone 6s as new and the account would not confirm. I tried the solution in the following thread "Sync won't confirm" I capitalized the first letter in my email address and hit send again and it gave a message that account was already confirmed and then I was able to sync