Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Great idea, great program, great site (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/great-idea-great-program-great-site-1014.html)

wingman 01-13-2013 08:28 PM

Great idea, great program, great site

Love the program, love the app! Couple of questions:

just bought a 2013 Prius

1) what is the difference between the gas H4 and the hybrid H4?
2) in the iPhone app clicking on my Prius kicks me out of the app entirely, why?
3) my Prius doesn't show up anywhere else except on my own Fuelly page, even if I search within Fuelly, not in Prius chat forum, not in Facebook , not under Prius 2013 on the Fuelly site, any ideas?
Tiny glitches on a idea that I hope brings you many acclimated! Nice job!

wingman 01-13-2013 08:34 PM

"Acclamations" not acclimated sorry for the spelling error- the damn spell correcter or rather Incorrecter changed my spelling I didn't catch it in time.

pb 01-13-2013 09:46 PM

what is the difference between the gas H4 and the hybrid H4?

There's no difference, you can choose either one. Before we had the 'hybrid' option, 'H4' was the only choice. We should standardize on one or the other to avoid this confusion, but until then you can pick either one. Here's more info about the engine codes we use: What do the engine type abbreviations such as L4 and V6 mean?

in the iPhone app clicking on my Prius kicks me out of the app entirely, why?

Can you elaborate on this a bit? We don't have a native app, so I assume you mean you're having trouble with the mobile site at m.fuelly.com. Can you describe what happens when you're kicked out? Do you get an error message or a blank screen? Do you need to log in again? Does the browser crash? Which version of iOS and which browser are you using?

my Prius doesn't show up anywhere else except on my own Fuelly page...

We only show cars with three or more fuel-ups in public browsing. We've found that average fuel economy is all over the map until a few fuel-ups in. Here's more info: Why isn't my car listed in the Browse Vehicles section of the site? I assume you were looking for your vehicle before it had three fuel-ups.

Your vehicle has three fuel-ups now and it's appearing in public browsing for me. For example, this page shows your vehicle.

wingman 01-14-2013 12:45 AM

Well, my apologies. Since I now have 3 entries not only can I see my car in the search routines but also the iPhone no longer terminated when I click on garage then the car.

So the root cause of all my issues were I didn't have enough fill ups to activate the desired results.

Again thank you for your efforts to bring us great programming / tools that help us acheive a better way of studying our information!

wingman 01-14-2013 12:49 AM

By the way, I assume that your "native app" ie iPhone app "Gas Tracker" is your app, at least that app uses your site and data. It was downloaded from iTunes last night.

pb 01-14-2013 01:29 AM

Interesting, no, Gas Tracker is not our app.

MMUK 01-14-2013 05:46 AM

It might just be a shortcut app (i.e., when you start the app, it starts the brower). I think I have seen one like that before.

waterboysh 01-14-2013 08:50 AM

I assume this is it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gast...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Seems like a native app to me. It is probably running the browser in the background and just passing the information to the browser, which then submits it to the site... unless Fuelly has some sort of public API...

Also, they are charging $1.99 for the app. Not sure how Fuelly feels about that because if the app has a problem or a security vulnerability people might feel like Fuelly is responsible.

wingman 01-14-2013 09:54 PM

Wow, interesting indeed. I did pay $1.99 for the app. My guess is that this app will sell quite well, too. Whoever did it did a decent job with the integration. Sadly, they are using your site to take advantage of a great idea. Wow!

andyrobo 01-23-2013 11:35 AM

I just wanted to chime in and let you know that Fuelly has acquired GasTracker+ and it will be offered FREE in the coming days. In the next couple months we will re-brand the app and it will be released as the official Fuelly app.

Hats off to the developer, Sumit, he did a great job and is the type of person who finds a need and builds a solution. We are looking forward to working with him in the months and years ahead to make the apps better and better.

The plan is to evolve the app to make it more full featured and then we will replicate it in an Android version.