Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Fix for ODO in KMS but Fuelly reading as MILES ??? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/fix-for-odo-in-kms-but-fuelly-reading-as-miles-1022.html)

UTurn 02-18-2013 04:42 AM

Fix for ODO in KMS but Fuelly reading as MILES ???

Have any other Metric users encountered Fuelly reading their ODO as Miles when it should be in KMS and if so how did you get it fixed???

Hi: I've asked Fuelly's "Contact" dept. for help but to no avail.

I live in Canada and i set up my account here as "Metric" as my ODO and speedo etc are in Kms.

When i set up my account i entered my current ODO reading as "89,152" kms. and i think i put something like 1 litre of fuel or less also at same time as site didnt explain very well how to start off.

After a week i tried to input my "First" real fuel up as follows... ODO reading at 89,510, eg 358 KM driven (since setting up Fuelly account) and fuel used of 33.915 Litres at $1.109 Cdn dollars per Ltr.

Problem is that Fuelly then calculated my mpg as 40 MPG USA gallons, 48 mpg Canadian or 5.9 L/100km.

This is wrong however as Fuelly took the figure of "358" as MILES and not as KMS as it should have done.

Eg My mpg on first tank really was approx. 30 mpg USA or 36 mpg Canadian or 7.85 L/100KM.

Have any other Metric users encountered Fuelly reading their ODO as Miles when it should be in KMS and if so how did you get it fixed???

Thanks!

BDC 02-18-2013 05:49 AM

There are two things you need to set. One is your units, which is right underneath the big FUELLY sign in the top left. Make sure that says "L/100KM."

Then go to your profile, and click "Edit Profile" and select the proper units from the drop down menu.

The first setting controls how you VIEW fuelly. The second setting controls how you enter data.

UTurn 02-22-2013 12:18 AM

Thanks.

That is exactly what my settings were, and still are, and the error showing Miles instead of Kms continues. E.g. Under the big Fuelly sign i show "L/100km" and within My Profile (edit profile) i show "Metric (litres, km, L/100km)"

i know it should be working, but it isnt.

Is there a "system Administrator" who can get into my account for me and see for themself. As i said originally i've contacted Fuelly through Contact form and they've unfortunatley been less than helpful with this.

Thanks again.

BDC 02-22-2013 12:41 AM

The administrator is "PB" but he has been absent for a few days. I'm sure he'll get around to it soon enough.

redking 03-03-2013 02:49 PM

I have exactly the same issue here in Sweden. I enter my mileage in KMs (all settings on my profile are metric) but when Fuelly does the caluclation it seems to think that my mileage is entered a Miles and therefore coverts it to be KMs...

Example, my last tank-up I had 138050kms, and the time before I had 137285kms. The difference between the two is 765 KMs. However fuelly is displaying the difference as 1231.1 kms as it converts the KMs to Miles..

All of my settings are correct on my profile and it is displaying in KMs/L and my profile is set as Metric etc..

Atomcrusher 03-04-2013 04:32 PM

Could this be caused by your browser that you use to connect to Fuelly being set to not allow cookies?