Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Electric and Solar powered (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   New Book About Alternative Energy (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f18/new-book-about-alternative-energy-10247.html)

OUTTAGAS 10-22-2008 04:24 PM

New Book About Alternative Energy

I just finished a book by Jeff Wilson called The Manhattan Project of 2009. Very enlightening book about our country's dependence on foreign oil and all the resources available to us to get us off the stuff. For example the cost of charging and driving an electric car would be the equivilant of paying 60 cents a gallon for gas.Problem is the average Joe cant afford to buy a 40, 45,000. Volt that is not even released yet. Why does our government keep throwing money away on stimulus checks ...192 BILLION DOLLARS for the last one. Now Bernake wants to do it again. Where did the last quick fix get our economy? Wouldn't this money would be better spent investing in a plan to get us off oil and make alternative resources affordable to even Joe the Plumber be a better plan?

theholycow 10-22-2008 04:31 PM

I could swear I've seen this exact same spam a few months ago.

bobc455 10-23-2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 122212)
I could swear I've seen this exact same spam a few months ago.

I think it was a few weeks ago.

I'm on the fence about deleting this thread- there is no "spam link", but OTOH it doesn't really pertain to electric/solar powered either so it doesn't really contribute any useful information to this forum...

-BC

rgathright 01-14-2009 09:34 AM

On the other hand, he did place the post in the right forum.

I am all for encouraging people to read more about electric vehicles and the dangers of a petroleum based economy.

bowtieguy 01-14-2009 12:46 PM

congtrats on the new accord. we're considering an older one, so we'll be watching your gas log!

did you vote in the new car poll?

rgathright 01-16-2009 04:49 AM

Thanks for noticing! My second tank is yielding 28 MPG so far using Scan Guage II. I increased the tire pressure to 36 PSI.

Plans for 4 cylinder:
1) Increase tires to 40 PSI for third tank.
2) buy a grille bra so that I can block the lower valence on the car.
3) Connect my spare Group 31 battery in the trunk so that I can run without the alternator. I have had the battery in the trunk for the entire second tank, yet am seeing an increase in MPG for this second tank. A 4 cylinder engine has less free torque to spin the alternator, as a result charging the battery causes the engine to spin faster from the increased load. The '09 Honda Accord has dual electric fans and an electric power braking system which means a lot can be gained from running alternator free as compared to other vehicles which rely on the crankshaft or engine vacuum to provide this power.

Yes, I am excited to finally join the ranks of true GasSavers!