Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   X-gauge HP readout (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/x-gauge-hp-readout-10286.html)

Philip1 10-28-2008 08:18 AM

X-gauge HP readout

I have added the HP readout to my X-gauge. It is interesting to note my car requires 20 hp to go 55mph on the flat. I think this could be a usefull tool for future aerodynamics testing.

Project84 10-28-2008 08:23 AM

How do you do it? I'd like to add that for my SL2!

GasSavers_BEEF 10-28-2008 08:43 AM

Displaying Horsepower as a Gauge

You can have Horsepower read out on your ScanGauge as you drive.

To start, from the HOME screen use MORE>MORE>MORE>XGAUGE
Then in the top right select the number of the XGauge memory you want to use (0 to 24)
Next <EDIT this will take you to the TXD screen
Using the buttons next to + and - after each character the -> in the top right will move to the next character space.
Enter 00 into the TXD screen and press OK> You will be taken to RXF
Enter 400080000000 and press OK> you will be take to RXD
Enter 0000 and press OK> you will be taken to MTH (math)
Enter 000A00170000 and press OK> you will be taken to NAME
You can enter whatever name you would like up to 3 characters, when you are finished press OK>
Lastly press SAVE.
Now you can select your new gauge just like any other one. From the home screen, press GAUGE press the button next to the gauge you want to use for the XGauge. Keep pressing as needed until your newly created XGauge name appears.

that is right off of their web site. the fact that you only have 4 windows makes me want to chose very carefully which ones I want to display. I have hp and af ratio but I don't display them all the time. it is kind of cool to see

Jay2TheRescue 10-28-2008 01:50 PM

I look at horsepower sometimes, but my 4 are usually o2 (for detecting DFCO), FIA (intake air temp), MPG (instant), and AVG (MPG tank).

-Jay

Philip1 10-28-2008 03:21 PM

I have air temp, instant MPG, HP, and TPS.

Project84 10-31-2008 10:51 AM

I did the HP readout and found my hot-rod roots... of course I naturally wanted to see what 6500 rpm would bring. @ rev limiter in 1st gear I'm making 111hp.

:o

So I went back and deleted the HP readout because it's pretty useless and WAY too tempting. ;)

I display *FIA, *FWT, TPS, and instantaneous MPG

Jay2TheRescue 10-31-2008 11:03 AM

The really bad one is % load. My brother in law was playing with it and he put the truck in drive with his foot on the brake and gave it a lot of gas to see how high he could get the % load to... All the while I was praying he didn't give it so much gas that it would break free of the brakes and launch us through the garage door.

-Jay

GasSavers_BEEF 10-31-2008 11:23 AM

massive burnouts?

not in the garage....in the drive way maybe

or better yet, on someone elses road.

I can get up to about 80 percent on a descent hill just by kicking it and the engine downshifts hard and revs go through the roof

Jay2TheRescue 10-31-2008 11:28 AM

We weren't in the garage, just parked in front of it.

-Jay

itjstagame 10-31-2008 12:33 PM

Does anyone know how it's calculating load or HP? I guess based on engine acceleration and TPS ?

Does scangauge take atmospheric readings as input? I guess it could have temp and pressure if you had a MAP sensor. Just curious.