Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   O2 Sensor (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/o2-sensor-10300.html)

civic lover 10-30-2008 05:12 PM

O2 Sensor

I bought one of the Walker O2 sensors on ebay. After 425 miles I received an error code p1164 (Primary HO2S (No. 1) Circuit Range/Performance).

What does this mean? Bad sensor? Should I get a genuine L1H1?

Would it matter that I have a header on and am running the O2 sensor just behind the engine versus that standard location with an oem exhaust manifold?

Danronian 10-31-2008 06:19 PM

Yes, you need an authentic one.

guest001 10-31-2008 06:32 PM

Maybe you installed it wrong, or a wire came loose or etc. wiring issues.

could be a faulty sensor. It doesn't have to be an authentic one. people use aftermarket parts, including myself, all the time. schucks, autozone, etc wouldn't be in business.

Ford Man 11-01-2008 07:51 AM

You should contact the seller. Maybe he could replace it for you, it wouldn't hurt to try. I've used universal 02 sensors on Fords without any problems.

reallyslow 11-11-2008 03:24 PM

i just got the same o2 and i get the same cel as the op. only drove it for 30 or so minutes after resetting cel and installing new o2.

nowhhs 11-11-2008 08:30 PM

I've used the cheapest sensor I could find at the time, I think it was $120 or so and have over 11k on it and it still works perfectly. I think its hit or miss with them. I have a theory though. I'm wondering if the resistor built into the plug has to match something in the ecu, in other words does the sensor have to be calibrated to work correctly? There is a tolerance built into resistors and that could also make a difference? (note all the question marks - I'm guessing here) Does anybody feel like checking the actual resistance of their resistors and posting? Maybe they're all the same and I'm on crack, but if we find differences between them, it MIGHT account for why some people are not having problems and others are? I just measured mine and it reads 29.97k ohms. Anybody with a vx PLEASE measure your O2 resistor value and post up. At the very least, those of you having problems might want to compare the resistance of your old sensor and compare it to the new one.

civic lover 11-12-2008 06:03 AM

How would you go about testing it? I could test my sensor that is bad.

nowhhs 11-12-2008 08:45 AM

If you unplug your O2 sensor, you'll see that there is a small resistor built into the connector on the sensor side. Measure the resistance of that resistor.

reallyslow 11-13-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nowhhs (Post 123905)
If you unplug your O2 sensor, you'll see that there is a small resistor built into the connector on the sensor side. Measure the resistance of that resistor.

i went to look at my o2 and it only have 5 but the chassis harness has 7 wires? is the resistor in the plug itself?

nowhhs 11-13-2008 08:27 PM

It is. The 2 extra wires that are in the harness connect through the plug to the resistor. Ohm out the pins that don't have any wires attached to them to the O2 sensor.