Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   C-Max Energi (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/c-max-energi-1047.html)

TeslaWannabe 03-27-2013 01:35 AM

C-Max Energi

Our Energi MPGe's have steadily increased from 65mpg when we first purchased in November, to the last tank which averaged 152 mpg, not that Fuelly will update my numbers, which is another topic altogether. My question is, how many of those listed on Fuelly as C-Max Energi's are actually Energis? Given the numbers (30 mpg avg?) on some of them, I'm wondering if they've mistakenly picked the wrong vehicle type, and are regular, non-plug-in hybrids. We would have to never plug in and floor it in the mountains to get 30mpg with the Energi.

Ciderbarrel 03-27-2013 08:15 AM

I forget where I read it, but I have a vague memory of one of the devs saying that implausibly high mpgs would be ignored as "bad data" or "user error" and wouldn't count, or something like that.

I any event, the devs have been MIA for about 2 months now. I guess they're hard at work trying to integrate that app that they just bought that was pretending to be them on the Iphone.

TeslaWannabe 03-27-2013 09:27 AM

I did receive several emails from them, the final one on March 11 as follows:

Sorry for the extended delay in responding,

Fuelly is built to track vehicles from motorcycles and scooters up to a standard SUV. All of our assumptions are based on the idea that the vehicle will use liquid fuel in a single tank. Anything outside of that range won't work at the site.

That means Fuelly can't track electric vehicles like the Plug-in Prius or Chevy Volt. (If you have a Volt, try https://voltstats.net instead.) Fuelly also can't track commercial trucks, Bi-fuel vehicles, RVs, motorhomes, or lawn equipment.

Thanks,

Robert V- Forums Staff

I'm pretty sure I have a single tank, and that gas stuff I was pumping the other day sounded pretty liquid-y. Whether it has extra battery, low-resistance tires, spoilers, a strong wind or a pinch of pixie dust shouldn't impact the fact that this is a legitimate gas-burning vehicle. Just not so much.

MMUK 03-27-2013 06:44 PM

Everyone has tried to explain this to you repeatedly, but you don't seem to be willing to accept that the miles you drive under electrical power can't be used in an fuel-consumption calculation if you haven't stored the amount of electricity you used.

TeslaWannabe 03-27-2013 10:21 PM

Not trying to compare Plug-in Hybrid to gas, or say, gas to diesel. Sharing plug-in hybrid GAS-consumption results with other plug-in hybrid owners. Not pretending electricity has no part. Our interest is getting about utilizing less GAS. If you drive an orange, don't concern yourself with the apples. Continue being very correct and curiously annoyed by something with which you have nothing in common. My original intent of this post was to alert some that they may have mistakenly thrown their oranges in with the apples. Enjoy your day Sunshine.

EMAX 04-01-2013 12:46 AM

In order for there to be a correct comparison between cmax energi vehicle owners efficiency or fuel economy numbers either fuelly.com needs to accommodate input of both the electricity and gasoline Fuel, or they need to make it clear to cmax energi owners that the gasoline gallons entered at each fill up should be the equivalent gasoline, And therefore the liquid fuel gasoline gallons plus the electricity consumed since the last gasoline fuel fill up, where the electricity is converted To equivalent gasoline Gallons.

I plan to Enter all of my fuel economy data starting in November 2012 through to date.

I will enter not gasoline gallons but gallons equivalent for the fuel at each fill up.

I will also enter in the notes my electricity consumed Since the last fill up, at each Fill up.

I will also note, average temperature during the last tank of fuel consumed. I will also indicate where I am driving the vehicle i.e. city and state. This temperature data and city state are very important considerations since the CMAX energi appears to be more sensitive to temperature then other hybrids such as the Toyota Prius.

I ask all owners of Cmax energi vehicles to please consider entering your data as I plan to in my notes above thank you.

shorttack 04-02-2013 05:02 AM

Ice Storm is an Energi delivered in New England January 4th.

Driving through the break-in and winter, I'm at 2,100 miles @ 52.7 MPGe. Based on my previous car, the average speed is 27 mph in a hilly, semi-rural town with 1/3rd interstate driving.

With temperatures no in the 50s some days, the range on battery is improving.

I will enter gasoline gallons and report cumulative MPGe. I haven't had to fill the tank in a month, but was at 65 MPG gas.

pumpman 04-16-2013 09:42 AM

Fuelly doesn't work for plugins to get MPGe. I got that note when I asked how to enter mileage and KWH. There is a voltstats.net but only for volts. Can someone make a nice app for cmax energi. My mPGe is 74.9 I mainly use around town and rarely use fuel. I am at 600 miles now. Just got last month. Fuelly make an option for plug ins so we can record the KWH put in the vehicle. Its not rocket science.

TeslaWannabe 04-20-2013 08:18 AM

For now I would be content if they would simply permit range per tank of gas. We can all paste the kWh data into the notes section for those interested. We're closing in on 2000 miles per tank of gas with our Energi, which we've had since November. I know I probably wouldn't be able to create a site half as good as Fuelly, so I won't fault them there...just wish there was better consistency on what they permit (they seem to be letting the Prius plug-ins post their data any which way...see PiP). Perhaps just disabling the 'average mpg' feature for plug-in vehicles, but continue to permit range for now...?