Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   For Sale (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   RIDE's VX for sale (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/rides-vx-for-sale-10519.html)

R.I.D.E. 12-04-2008 01:18 PM

RIDE's VX for sale

Under 44k original miles.

1994 Federal

New Michelins, timing belt, oil just changed, plugs, original tires come with car (gets better mileage with them, they will easily still pass inspection).

$5500.

Picutres available if anyone is interested.

This car has a salvage Virginia title.

Has factory AC, no radio.

I just bought a 2002 Insight CVT with under 35k miles, got just under 60 MPG today on its first drive.

Arrangements could be made to deliver if anyone is interested let me know.

Sorry for not mentioning, the car is located in eastern Virginia.

regards
gary

Tuttle Recall 12-04-2008 01:54 PM

Im very interested, where are you located. I would love to see the pictures.

molecule 12-04-2008 05:22 PM

5500 for a salvage title vehicle over 15 years old
lol

GasSavers_BEEF 12-04-2008 05:47 PM

salvage title is very relative and...have you seen it???

it is in perfect condition. some people say perfect condition but his looks like it belongs on a show room floor.

why WHY are you selling it. (driving the kompressor all the time now?)

theholycow 12-04-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEEF (Post 125274)
why WHY are you selling it. (driving the kompressor all the time now?)

The 60+MPG Insight seems like a good enough reason. I was surprised too, I didn't expect him to ever sell it.

molecule 12-04-2008 06:05 PM

well he should be more specific if its not accident related...
theft recovery is one thing...but receiving a salvage title for accident is pretty strait forward...damage done is beyond the value of car...
but i'm not here to debate fact from fiction
and i haven't seen the car
he should just post up more info...and pictures...its a digital age...

i do know someone potentially interested
so all this is not for nothing

R.I.D.E. 12-04-2008 06:21 PM

I bought the VX to replace a Del Sol with 150 K miles. I really wanted to get maximum mileage without hybrid battery issues and potential repair costs.

The Benz was a fluke at $6800, now I have 7500 in it.

Of course when you think you have everything arranged for many years to come then circumstances have a way of making you think again.

So the day before yesterday I see this Insight on craigs list for $10500, garage kept with less than 35 K miles. I drive an hour to see it and its gorgeous, but has a CVT instead of a manual, so the mileage will not be as good as the manual.

Then it dawns on me that:

The wife doesnt like to ride in a convertible.

Now my mind shifts to the obvious. I had been driving the Benz locally because traffic here can really be brutal. getting stuck in a 1 hour bumper to bumper, clutch, brake, clutch, brake, torture is just not my cup of tea at 58.

The Insight shuts itself off if you stop, uses the battery to accelerate. Honda has extended the battery warrantee until june 2012 or 150 k, another 115k miles.

So I have decided that the Insight can replace both cars, or whichever I sell first, or both depending on whether they sell or not.

My brother and a very good friend both told me to give them a shot at the Honda if I ever decided to sell it, the friend telling me the same thing the day I bought the Insight then both waffling on me.

The day I decided to sell the Benz a damn rock flies up and pops the windshield, leaving me a gunsight dead in my line of vision.

Good old State farm (40 years with them) has a glass shop stop by same day and put a brand new Mercedes windshield in the car (best glass man I have ever seen in close to 40 years).

I guess I am just fickle, LOL I love a new windshield, especially one that has no distortion. Hehe I just got a new pair of glasses today, driving at night will be much better.

I go talk to the Congressman tomorrow about the in wheel drive and maybe how it could really help the US auto industry become what it once was.

It just seems a shame to have two super high mileage cars sitting here, but I completely understand their becoming less desireable when fuel prices take a dump.

I may just keep all 3 LOL.

regards
gary

R.I.D.E. 12-04-2008 06:30 PM

Molecule I will post some pictures tomorrow, there are many photos on the site already including one if you just click on my handle.

I have built 180 totals and at one time almost every member of my family waa driving one. The car looks like it is 3 years old. It was hit in the rear end in 1995 and stored inside for almost 13 years while the insurance company used it to train adjusters, because none of the windows were broken.

Probably the best looking VX in the country. I would drive it to the west coast tomorrow and not even give it a thought.

regards
gary

R.I.D.E. 12-04-2008 06:49 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Lousy pictures taken at night in the garage where it stays. Also the Insight.

regards
gary

R.I.D.E. 12-04-2008 06:52 PM

6 Attachment(s)
More pictures. I don't want to be nasty, but it could be sold tomorrow, if one of the wafflers has second thoughts. I'll let you know later in the afternoon tomorrow.

regards
gary