Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   I've gotta admit... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/ive-gotta-admit-10656.html)

theholycow 01-08-2009 07:53 AM

I imagine that 20 cent gas was a long long time ago before inflation kicked in, too.

mspeasl 01-08-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 126980)
I imagine that 20 cent gas was a long long time ago before inflation kicked in, too.

1960.........................:) Aka: Good old days :thumbup:

101mpg 01-08-2009 10:04 AM

Gas here is running 2 bucks! I'm using points reward systems to get breaks on my gas - plus trying to get ahold of a CRX that can be converted to the 6-speed - so it will be done when gas gets back above $4 later in the year.

VetteOwner 01-08-2009 05:50 PM

yea gas went to 189 yesterday now dropping again to 185 should prolly fill up but bein lazy lol

thisisntjared 01-08-2009 06:14 PM

well... think of it this way. your regulars are still around. the people who contribute for efficiencies sake, not just to save money

BumblingB 01-11-2009 07:30 AM

I just haven't got around to coming here. Not sure why I cut back to mainly lurking and not contributing but it's been a while, well over 1 year plus?.

I haven't stopped trying to be efficient - saving money was never my #1 priority.

dkjones96 01-11-2009 07:41 AM

I do try to be efficient whenever I can. My home electric bill is under $40 11 months of the year. I ride the motorcycle whenever I can but its just been toooooooo cold around here to do that. It's actually been in the teens at night and 30-40s in the day and my electric this billing cycle is only $35.63.

When it came to getting another car I had a few options like a Celica GT-S and a couple other domestic 5-speeds but I started thinking about how much I hated the 4 banger and decided that I would just get the V8. Plus, it's nice having the SUV for stuff that the bike can't really do (groceries, furniture, ect) and the more I thought about it, the car couldn't do half the things I needed a larger vehicle for.

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 01-12-2009 06:20 AM

I can't tell what/how I'm doing at the moment, the weather is too variable. Not sure if everything is right with Wile-E after his rebuild or not, never drove him in weather like this before. Got another awful tank to add to the log, city thrashing in snow. Some of the mods I did were never gonna shine in winter, since they were taking advantage of waste heat that isn't there right now. So kinda have low enthusiasm level for discussing what's going on with him when I haven't got a clue due to unstable conditions. Could probably use a warm air and/or grille block mod to "wake up" some of the other mods, but still trying to get a feel for what's happening. Last tank of 32.64 was much more like his old self, that was clear roads and more highway. Tank I'm entering now was less highway, much colder again, and snowy city thrashes, he doesn't seem to be running very well in air temperatures below about -8C. Gets a little warmer or tips over 0 and he seems much happier. Hoping for good numbers on current fill, due to expecting mostly highway trips.

theclencher 01-12-2009 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjones96 (Post 126923)
I miss the way this forum used to be.

A few months ago I could come here 5-6 times a day and read something new and lately I check it once a day and I've only got a good 10 minutes of reading to catch up. :(

Even the spammers stopped coming in!!!

It's because the whole dang thing has really gone downhill. :(

theholycow 01-12-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 127156)
It's because the whole dang thing has really gone downhill. :(

The forum, or gas prices?