Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Can I reset my city percentage? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/can-i-reset-my-city-percentage-1093.html)

benkenobi 11-09-2012 05:57 PM

Can I reset my city percentage?

Is there some way I can clear out all they city/highway percentage data on one of my vehicles?

I'm pretty sure I was keeping poor records on that previously, and the vehicle has taken on a new role in the family (since it's no longer my primary vehicle for highway driving, wife just goes to the store, gets kids from school, etc)

pb 11-09-2012 11:16 PM

The city/highway percentage is made up of all the fuel-ups you've entered so far. So the only way to change what you see is to change your past fuel-up data. (Here's info about editing a Fuel-up: How do I edit or delete a fuel-up?) It's a bit like changing any statistic on your Fuelly page. If you want your average price/gallon to go down, you need to go back and change the price you paid for fuel-ups. If you misreported the city percentage for various fuel-ups you can go back and change them.

If you start reporting a higher city percentage, the number will change over time.

Another option is to completely remove the city/highway chart from your page. You can do that by editing your vehicle and selecting No next to the "Track City vs Highway?" option under Reporting Units.

benkenobi 11-10-2012 12:36 AM

I tried to edit the previous ones. I can change the percentage, but not remove it. In other words, it can be 0-100, but not a null value. If there was a way to report a null value, I'd have no problem going through the 90-something previous fillups and erasing the value.

I also tried editing the vehicle and changing the "track city ..." option to No in hopes that the values would be erased when i re-enabled it, but no luck. Still there.

The only option I can think of (other than waiting for the average to level out over time) is recreating the vehicle profile and retiring the current one.

pb 11-10-2012 12:49 AM

That's true, there is no way to set a null value—that's something we can consider. But if you have the feature enabled for your car, it's pretty likely you're going to want to set a value.

I just set the value of the "Track City vs Highway?" option to No for your Grand Caravan and I'm not seeing the chart on your vehicle page anymore.

pb 11-10-2012 12:51 AM

Yeah, you could always try an export/import. Just make sure you open the export file in Excel and remove any columns you don't need. You can create a new vehicle at Fuelly and then use the export file you created as an import.

benkenobi 11-12-2012 03:23 PM

Well, I could see a null value being useful for a tank that you don't know the city percentage on... or it's an unusual tank that you don't want to track (like if i drive to a city an hour away 3 times in one week) ...

You may be onto something with export/import. I'm gonna give that a shot.

Thanks!

benkenobi 11-12-2012 03:41 PM

I tried the export/import/ Deleted the city% data in the csv file and when I went to import on a new vehicle, it omitted the notes because there was a 0 value for gallons. So all the fuelups imported, but the notes (oil changes, etc) wouldn't import.

The number of entries that had city% on them wasn't that big so I manually deleted those entries and imported the csv file so it would replenish the deleted fuelups w/o the city% (since I deleted it) and I'm where I want to be.

Thanks!