Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   new member (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/new-member-10988.html)

dirtygst 03-25-2009 08:19 AM

new member here, been into cars my whole life and normally would pull the better mpg motor out for something with a bit of balls... but now im getting older and deliver pizzas while i go to school so im looking into learn more about mpg effeciency rather then hp and torque!:thumbup: so yeah im sure ill be asking questions and doing alot of reading, this seems to be an awesome website so far!
-dustin
oh i have a 92 civic dx that im looking into swapping out for a d15z1 ;)
my friend works at a junkyard so im looking for a full clip with all the wiring so it will be full fledge vx but in the sedan form so my kid can sit in the back.

theholycow 03-25-2009 08:25 AM

Welcome. I'll have a large with extra cheese and a large steak sandwich. Oh, wait...even with a VX that delivery would be cost-prohibitive. :D

I'm pretty sure the VX also has a different transmission and some other stuff.

dirtygst 03-25-2009 08:31 AM

yeah its actually an auto now but that is going to be changed, ive done plenty of swaps but the vx with the vtec-e is kinda weird so im just going to replace the entire wiring to make it simple. but yeah after that if you give a good tip i could probably bring you a pizza! haha

GasSavers_BEEF 03-25-2009 09:13 AM

I've heard that if you put the vx motor with the crx-hf trans, you can get even better.

I don't have either so I am just going on what I have heard.

dirtygst 03-25-2009 09:22 AM

that could be but i have a 92 which is when they went from cable to hydraulic trans so it would be some hassle to get that trans to work.

aalb1 03-25-2009 10:13 AM

So you're looking for a front end clip? Are you going to drill out welds on the firewall and reweld on the clip like people do when doing a JDM Right hand drive swap? I'm a little fuzzy on why you are looking to get a full front clip unless you really are adamant about having the VX Vin on it.

dirtygst 03-25-2009 10:27 AM

im not really looking for the entire front clip just thought it would be easier then typing out every little thing that ill need. should be able to get away with engine, trans, ecu, engine and dash harness. i need to convert to manual so ill need those parts too. debating maybe it will be cheaper and easier to actually get an entire front clip.... hmmmmm

theholycow 03-25-2009 11:18 AM

I wonder if buying a wrecked VX donor car would work?

dirtygst 03-25-2009 11:38 AM

^yeah probably, you got one or know of one? i just need to find everything to make it work properly because i want 20 more mpgs!!

GasSavers_Somedude 03-28-2009 08:57 AM

Welcome aboard!! I hope this website helps you out on saving gas, it sure did with me when I checked it out.:)