Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   HHO and Hydrogen (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   HHO Generator Problem (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f32/hho-generator-problem-11187.html)

rodan99 04-27-2009 07:59 PM

HHO Generator Problem

I just installed an HHO generator, the Water4gas/mason jar type. Mine does not have a bubbler, ( Vacuum Adjustment Valve ). My problem is the engine idles too fast. When I disconnect the HHO generator and plug up the vacuum hose that goes from the HHO generator to the T connector, the engine idles fine.
I'm told I have a vacuum leak somewhere. IF I do, it only occurs with the HHO generator installed and running. The engine idles fine without it hooked up.

Since I do not have a bubbler to adjust the vacuum inside the HHO generator ( mason jar ), assuming it's air tight, there would be no vacuum leaks at this area.
My question: While the HHO generator is hooked up and running, I see all kinds of bubbling action inside the HHO generator.(Mason Jar) Shouldn't there be hardly any, if not, any at all? Since I have bubbling action, a lot, does that mean I do have a vacuum leak somewhere around the lid/seal of the jar, or somewhere?
Or, is it the opposite, meaning, with all the bubbles, does that mean I have too much vacuume inside the jar?

theclencher 04-27-2009 08:59 PM

Your problem is that HHO is junk. Take it out and throw it away. Chalk it up to experience. Don't do it again.

rgathright 04-28-2009 02:38 AM

HHO generator blows up!

If you think about it, would you ever put a bottle filled with hydrogen in an oven?

Your engine bay reaches 200F or higher in the summer and you just put a jar filled with hydrogen in there. The government needs to recall these products now!

Ford Man 04-28-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgathright (Post 133488)
If you think about it, would you ever put a bottle filled with hydrogen in an oven?

Your engine bay reaches 200F or higher in the summer and you just put a jar filled with hydrogen in there. The government needs to recall these products now!

Mason jars get a hell of a lot hotter than 200* when they are used in a presure cooker canning vegetables and they don't explode.

JanGeo 04-29-2009 02:55 PM

When you are idling turn off the power to the HHO generator. Apparently your engine can not reduce the idle speed enough (burn less gasoline) while the HHO is being injected at idle speed. Sounds like it is working perfectly producing more power / RPM without burning more fuel . . . assuming you are not leaking air in the hoses to the HHO generator. If you could close the throttle more with the idle stop while the HHO generator was running you would save even more gasoline.

rodan99 04-30-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo (Post 133614)
When you are idling turn off the power to the HHO generator. Apparently your engine can not reduce the idle speed enough (burn less gasoline) while the HHO is being injected at idle speed. Sounds like it is working perfectly producing more power / RPM without burning more fuel . . . assuming you are not leaking air in the hoses to the HHO generator. If you could close the throttle more with the idle stop while the HHO generator was running you would save even more gasoline.

I got a hold of the guy who sold me the hho generator. He told me to make sure the plastic mason jar lid was tight, that air could be leaking in around it.
His model does not have a rubble seal to put under the lid.
I put a standard size rubber mason jar lid seal ( temporarily, seems to work for now )under the lid, and that definitely solved my fast idle problem. Car runs smooth and ildes fine now. Going to order an "o" ring for the mason jar lid, though.

I filled up yesterday, wrote my milage down, and will fill up next week , probably Friday, and post my "mpg" results.

rodan99 05-11-2009 12:17 PM

No Increase in MPG

Well, I filled up today, had 157.9 miles on fillup, put in 7.87 gallons of gas.

My MPG = 20.6. This is accually about 1.5 mpg worse than I was getting.

I guess I may need to install a MAP or Oxygen Sensor adjuster, or, my HHO just doesn't work.

I will leave it hooked up, maybe it might do better as I drive it?

GasSavers_BEEF 05-11-2009 12:33 PM

what are you putting this thing on?

depending on your vehicle, you could probably benefit from other modifications that cost a fraction of what you have already payed in for the initial investment. on top of that, you are going to possibly put more money into the setup?

if you want to experiment, that's fine. just know that there are proven ways to save gas that have nothing to do with HHO or spending large amounts of money.

start a garage and add your car to it. look up other users with the same car and see what they have done. there are many almost free things you can do to get better gas mileage. air up your tires to max sidewall pressure.

it is true that I am not a big fan of HHO as I think many of them are get rich quick schemes (for the people selling them) but if you are going to go through all the trouble to do that, why not do the easy stuff first.

good luck to you and welcome to the site.

rodan99 05-11-2009 06:14 PM

I put the HHO (water4gas type) on my 1986 chevy celebrity 2.8 liter, V6 FI.

I lhave less than $50.00 in it, (not counting my time, of course)bought it prebuilt off of ebay. Have been reading quite a bit about them for past two years, just finally decided to buy and install it.

I've done some of the common sense tweaks already ( Air up my tires between 35 to 37 psi, new air filter, new plugs, plug wires, rotor, rotor cap.)

I use a sythentic blend oil and change my oil every 2500 to 3500 miles.

I justified buying it because I saved $ 200.00 on a brake job I did myself, because I changed my mind and didn't let the car mechanic do the brake job.

So, I figured $ 50.00 was worth the try, and, I haven't given up on it yet, not yet, anyway.

theclencher 05-11-2009 06:27 PM

It almost seems like people are PROUD to throw good oil away. :confused: