Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Ugliest current production car award (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/ugliest-current-production-car-award-11193.html)

dkjones96 04-30-2009 10:51 AM

I'm a big fan of the Mazda 3 hatchback(mazdaspeed of course).... Never sat in a citation.

IndyFetch 04-30-2009 12:53 PM

Nothing on the Citation screams "ugly" to me... I just find it bland.

Think of it as yesteryear's Chevy Impala.

That reminds me... I know they just cancelled it, but the 2000-2004 (?) (before the face lift) Monte Carlo was absolutely hideous.

GasSavers_maximilian 04-30-2009 01:02 PM

I agree. More uninspired than ugly per se. Uncreatively applied aerodynamics has had that effect on a lot of cars as well.

Jay2TheRescue 04-30-2009 02:42 PM

Which vintage Impala? I can't think of one off the top of my head that I didn't like, except for the current model.

-Jay

VetteOwner 04-30-2009 03:58 PM

awww the citation is one of the roomiest as mentioned above, to me they look like a wider, roomier chevette lol. id love to have one especially the turbo v6 one! mmmmmmmmmmm

the new impallas (like 2000+) arent too bad imo.

yea the PT cruiser isnt my cup o tea either... i like the HHR better.

one "sportier" car ive never liked is the audi TT. dunno what it is prolly cuz the front looks like the back.

IndyFetch 04-30-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteOwner (Post 133715)
awww the citation is one of the roomiest as mentioned above, to me they look like a wider, roomier chevette lol. id love to have one especially the turbo v6 one! mmmmmmmmmmm

the new impallas (like 2000+) arent too bad imo.

yea the PT cruiser isnt my cup o tea either... i like the HHR better.

one "sportier" car ive never liked is the audi TT. dunno what it is prolly cuz the front looks like the back.

The newest Impalas aren't ugly... just bland. That's what I was thinking about. I didn't mind the previous generation ones. I liked the front end, but the interior was ultra-boring.

I call the HHR the Me-Too Cruiser. The styling is decent, but the interior efficiency sucks. It is built on the Cobalt platform, so in order to have the flared fenders, the center of the car is narrow. The interior is so narrow the window switches are on the console (in front of the shifter), because the door panels are too thin to hold them.

I agree on the 1st Generation Audi TT. You can't tell whether they're coming or going!

GasSavers_maximilian 04-30-2009 05:02 PM

The TT appeals to my love of symmetry!

Jay2TheRescue 04-30-2009 05:15 PM

Yes!!! The Citation is a big, roomy Chevette.

theholycow 04-30-2009 05:39 PM

Late model Impalas appear lame on the road. In the showroom they're quite impressive. They seem way larger and cooler up close.

thisisntjared 04-30-2009 06:18 PM

i cant believe you guys didnt mention anything from the subaru lineup. how about the tribeca from a couple years ago? and even my car the 06-07 impreza? or any of the imprezas for that matter? i think the cube looks a lot better than they do.