Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Aerodynamics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Complete under belly pan on 02 Q45 (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f14/complete-under-belly-pan-on-02-q45-12241.html)

MyQ45 01-05-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-DSi (Post 145931)
Yes, man, I like it: 'who want to drive a couple years between trying something new?'.
It's what happened to me, just yesterday. I've only started with my grill block experiment, emptying now the second complete tank.
Yesterday I was surfing around on the Michelin site to see what was told about my tyres and there I found a higher recommended pressure specific for my car than the Honda one (Honda: 2.1 front/2.4 rear bar ; Michelin 2.4 front/2.6 rear, if I remember well). I adjusted immediately my pressure and my fuel consumption decreased from 5,7 to 5,6 l/100 km on the dashboard. So now it's hard to tell what caused this: traffic was a bit better/less snow on roads/grill block/tyre pressure/other fuelbrand (!very cheap stuff->first time I try this)...
Yeah, yeah, controlling the variables...
Mcrews: don't be upset by what seems negative reactions. I'm convinced more than 95% of the readers/members have deep respect. Some might even be jealous.

Without a doubt ;)

I must give you a KUDOS:thumbup: :thumbup:
Your english is very good and you seem to 'read' people well!

shame you don't live a little closer, I would love to buy you dinner and talk shop!

MyQ45 01-05-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgathright (Post 145930)
@Mcrews, I am now truly amazed at the work you have done on this car.

Great job!

Thank you so much!

I am working a clear wheel cover this weekend.......;)

i-DSi 01-06-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 145951)
shame you don't live a little closer, I would love to buy you dinner and talk shop!

Damn, it's indeed a shame I can't just come over to have a nice chat.

shonus 12-06-2011 06:59 AM

Re: Complete under belly pan on 02 Q45

I realize that this thread is over a year old but I was wondering how everything has held up? I recently have been working on my front and rear undertrays and belly panels leaving parts exposed just as you did mcrews.

Also I was wondering what is that piece that you have joining the rear undertray and the piece covering the rear axle? With my saturn I decided to completely cover mine as well and try and make it so it easily can come undone for when I need to raise the rear and I will not damage anything.

8307c4 02-18-2012 09:17 PM

Re: Complete under belly pan on 02 Q45

I believe that is called creating a fire hazard, all that synthetic material is too close to the muffler, sitting in traffic on a really hot day I can see that whole underside going up in flames, also the rush of air coming through the radiator when traveling has to exit somewhere...
For those states that have it, I don't necessarily foresee a good day come time for state inspection either.
To say the least, I think half of that has to come off everytime the car needs maintenance.