Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   VX at the track (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/vx-at-the-track-12586.html)

GasSavers_TomO 04-29-2010 07:54 AM

If you go with sway bars you'll need to replace the radius rod portion of the front lower control arms in order to get provisions for securing the front sway bar.

The same would be said about the rear LCAs as well, but you can always drill the rear LCA for a mounting point for the rear sway.

Good call on replacing the bushings as well. I just did this in the front of my VX and it made a world of difference. I used the Energy Suspension kit. but then again, I had 420,000+ miles on the bushings too.

IndyFetch 04-29-2010 02:15 PM

I did not know that I would have to replace any other components to make the anti-roll bars fit. Other '92 - '95 models had a front bar, and I am thinking that the EX Coupe may have had a rear one. Thanks for the heads-up.

Tom O, what kind of header do you have on your VX? It looks like the DC Sports one I had on my old '99 Si. Did you run into any problems clearing the stock catalytic converter, or did you put one under the car like on the non-VX models?

fowljesse 04-29-2010 02:28 PM

OH, man. It must be nice to have aftermarket support. I had to customise an Energy Suspension kit to fit my car. A friend made adjustable solid swaybar endlinks, which help, too.
You can also adjust your toe, and camber.

civic94 04-29-2010 03:27 PM

i always wondered how fast they are on the 1/4. a vx is mostly a FE car.

GasSavers_TomO 04-30-2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetch (Post 150760)
I did not know that I would have to replace any other components to make the anti-roll bars fit. Other '92 - '95 models had a front bar, and I am thinking that the EX Coupe may have had a rear one. Thanks for the heads-up.

The Si Model hatchbacks had the rear swaybar as well, or you can go with one from a two door Integra from 94-01. But don't go bigger than the stock ones from non-Type-R models (14mm) as it can tear the subframe on the VX. there are Beaks kits and ASR subframe reinforcement kits out there to enable running larger rear sways, but then it gets expensive.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetch (Post 150760)
Tom O, what kind of header do you have on your VX? It looks like the DC Sports one I had on my old '99 Si. Did you run into any problems clearing the stock catalytic converter, or did you put one under the car like on the non-VX models?

I have one of the no-name $40 Ebay ones from about 3 or so years ago.
I had to use the non-VX/CX style Catalytic converter (under car, not under hood) in order to run that header. I also made a custom exhaust to mate up to the new header/Cat Converter at the time of installation.

deschlong 05-27-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 150775)
The Si Model hatchbacks had the rear swaybar as well, or you can go with one from a two door Integra from 94-01.

Tsk, tsk ... no, they didn't. ;) Only Civic Hatchbacks in Europe and Japan got a rear sway bar. If you check out a CDM/USDM Si set of rear discs, you'll see that the LCA doesn't have the attachment points.

OP has a couple options for LCAs & a rear sway in the US: The 4-dr EX Civic with ABS had the sway; all Integras did too. These LCAs have attachment points for the bar, but notably almost all also had ABS, and so has attachment points for some ABS stuff on the LCA, too. If you're after LCAs without ABS attachment points, then you can look to the Integra RS model. The diameter of the Civic & RS bar is 13mm, I think the others (minus ITR) are all 14mm.

Another option is to do what I did, and use LCAs from the 89-91 Civic Si. These are the exact same LCAs that came on some 92-95 European Civics w/ sway and w/o ABS.

GasSavers_TomO 05-28-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deschlong (Post 151461)
Tsk, tsk ... no, they didn't. ;) Only Civic Hatchbacks in Europe and Japan got a rear sway bar. If you check out a CDM/USDM Si set of rear discs, you'll see that the LCA doesn't have the attachment points.

Aw man, I swear that my buddies '95 Si hatch had a rear sway on it when he got it....maybe it was added on then. Oh well, us USDM guys get the short end of the stick all the time ;)