Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Did Oil Just Become Too Expensive? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/did-oil-just-become-too-expensive-12697.html)

GasSavers_JoeBob 06-16-2010 06:07 PM

re Gulf Oil leak....

1. Find a way to plug leak.

2. Analyze what went wrong and learn from it (e.g. don't use Haliburton?)

3. Put lessons learned to use on future drilling projects.

4. Get away from using oil for power wherever possible, for example, wind (shameless plug), solar, nuclear (if the waste problem can be licked), and/or something else not yet invented...

FrugalFloyd 06-16-2010 06:25 PM

According to Treehugger, the $40 billion cost for BP to clean up its spill would have retrofitted 3 million homes to save 40 times the energy that's spilled into the Gulf so far - every year.

You drilling advocates are like mouse milk drinkers. You need to wake up and see the big picture.

bowtieguy 06-16-2010 06:28 PM

excellent post JoeBob.

i'd add that now is not the time for ANY increase in taxes/fees. we MUST continue to drill while working towards better, viable energy sources.

bowtieguy 06-16-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentraSE-R (Post 151978)
I'm amazed no one bothers to educate themselves on the facts.

absolutely no one but you, right?

TRUE education takes the facts IN CONTEXT along w/ experience. yes BP, consumers, and Haliburton are all to blame. don't tell me govt and enviro nuts are innocent--that would be self incriminating.

theholycow 06-17-2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBob (Post 151982)
re Gulf Oil leak....

1. Find a way to plug leak.

2. Analyze what went wrong and learn from it (e.g. don't use Haliburton?)

3. Put lessons learned to use on future drilling projects.

4. Get away from using oil for power wherever possible, for example, wind (shameless plug), solar, nuclear (if the waste problem can be licked), and/or something else not yet invented...

A solid plan, IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentraSE-R (Post 151983)
According to Treehugger, the $40 billion cost for BP to clean up its spill would have retrofitted 3 million homes to save 40 times the energy that's spilled into the Gulf so far - every year.

In an ideal world that would be great. It is not feasible in the real world. How are you going to take 40 billion dollars from a company before they do something wrong, how do you decide which 3 million homes get the money, how do you know it worked, etc...

In that ideal world, there'd be no war, no greed, nobody cheating on their spouse, no kids making fun of other kids, no need for a black market for anything, plentiful food for everyone, no poverty, no landfills, and it would be really easy for me to acquire and install a T-56 in my Buick.

Rainbow stew anyone?

bowtieguy 06-17-2010 03:47 AM

there's a petition to stop the energy tax here...https://www.americansolutions.com/

bowtieguy 06-17-2010 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentraSE-R (Post 151983)

You drilling advocates are like mouse milk drinkers. You need to wake up and see the big picture.

typical worthless stats/facts(in THAT context).

i respect the view to get off of fossil fuels...NOW. and with it subsequent higher taxes and a complete collapse economically. i see 2 options for said individuals:

the easy one is simply leave the US--go to Europe, Canada, wherever. the US was founded to be different from others.

the other is to stay, but walk away from ALL fossil fuels. go live in the wilderness w/ no car, machinery, heat, a/c, etc. next, grow and eat only veggies, pesticide free of course.

if not, change your principles to match up w/ honesty and reality!!!

Jim T. 06-17-2010 06:34 AM

Yea I'm sure a true unbiased opinion on oil exploration can be found at "treehugger". Pffft.

Like trying to get accurate information on gun statistics on handgun control inc's website!

Don't just bleat mindlessly about the evils of oil, find and/or present a solution or shut up!

Jim

bowtieguy 06-17-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim T. (Post 152010)
Yea I'm sure a true unbiased opinion on oil exploration can be found at "treehugger". Pffft.

but that's a legit source 'cause the left isn't biased remember?

add|ct 06-17-2010 03:21 PM

R-E-C-Y-C-L-E recycle. =)