Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   List of stations providing ethanol free fuel (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/list-of-stations-providing-ethanol-free-fuel-12989.html)

Jcp385 02-17-2015 07:14 AM

Ha, I only wish we had E0 fuel around here. I'd love to see what it does to my FE as well as to my fuel trims. The nearest station that I know of is a self-service (un-staffed) station a solid 45 min from here. Kinda strange.

litesong 03-17-2015 01:39 PM

Here's a meld of 2 of my posts from other websites, adding to information from pure-gas.org:

Ah, ahh! The Nelson Oil Company station in Arlington, WA, which started serving 87 octane E0 about a year ago, was NOT convenient for me to buy E0. However, on April 4, 2015, it will be open 8am to 4pm on Saturday, which makes it excellent to visit, during trips to "grandma's place". Zowee! Don't have to travel 4 miles through Everett to get to an E0 station, now. Oh, yeah, they already increased their E0 pumps to two, one now serving 92 octane. Near the station on the highway to I-5, is a Salish Sea (Puget Sound) rich bottom land diary outlet for the public, serving the best farm fresh, cream & ice cream, big sugar cones & flavors, including maple nut. Wow! It's almost like the Stewart Shops in New York state, serving E0 & ice cream. Travel to Arlington on a near-empty gas tank & with empty bellies. During "Fair Days" & fall harvests, leave with your gasoline vehicle feasting on E0 & your mouth tasting Salish Sea Stillaguamish Native American salmon, Frybread, ice cream, corn & vegetables.

slogfilet 03-19-2015 05:56 AM

A station in my area (Vancouver, WA) just added E0. They're much closer than any other station that has it... though they only have premium. If they added 87 octane, I'd fill with it every time.

litesong 03-22-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slogfilet (Post 182484)
(Vancouver, WA) just added E0...... though they only have premium. If they added 87 octane, I'd fill with it every time.

If the mandate to add ethanol to gasoline is repealed, 87 octane E0 would probably be available(hopefully everywhere), since most gasoline vehicles are recommend to use 87 octane.

litesong 03-22-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue (Post 167124)
checked my average MPG, and I was shocked. over 38 MPG, and I crossed two mountains on the way home after filling up!

I have 1988 Ford Festiva that loves E0, giving 8% better mpg than E10 with many years each of E10 & E0 records. My E10 average went was 42.5mpg & E0 average is 45.9mpg. You're mention of mtns. reminded me of a nearly 400mile day trip, over two major mountain passes & a total of 11,000 feet of ups & downs, getting an E0 average of 50.1mpg that day.

litesong 10-03-2015 10:52 PM

pure-gas.org now lists over 10,000 ethanol-free(E0) sources. Picked up another Elantra. With E0, the Elantra(bad-mouthed for poor mpg) gave spectacular 46.2mpg with photo & beach-walking stops at the ocean, travel over hilly terrain, & stop&go I-5 traffic, but mostly heavy but steady travel. Last 5 cars lost 8%, 8%, 7%-8%, 7%, & 5% mpg when using E10 vs. E0.

litesong 10-08-2015 05:57 AM

Selling 100% ethanol-free gasoline(E0) as listed on pure -gas .org, is the Q-Mart in Aberdeen, WA, approaching the western Washington state coast & gateway to the Pacific Ocean. Most remarkable about the Q-Mart is their 87 octane E0 SELLS FOR THE SAME PRICE AS E10! Never heard of such a bargain in Washington state, altho I've envied Oklahoma E0 drivers, since their E0 is often priced similar to E10 in that state.

litesong 10-08-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litesong (Post 185596)
pure-gas.org now lists over 10,000 ethanol-free(E0) sources.

Grassroots powered pure-gas.org, starting from zero E0 listings & now detailing 10,000 E0 sources in late September 2015, continues to climb, by 80 to 90 in just a couple weeks. People are getting in the "know" that ethanol can only produce its power when burned in high compression ratio ethanol engines. Ethanol, used, but NOT burned effectively, in low compression ratio, low 87 octane gasoline engines, can NOT provide its power efficiently.

Jay2TheRescue 10-08-2015 03:03 PM

When gas was over $3/gal the difference between E0 and E10 at my favorite stations was $0.07 - $0.10. Now that the price has come down, it is between $0.25 and $0.50. Still racking my brain to figure out that one.

litesong 10-11-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue (Post 185676)
When gas was over $3/gal the difference between E0 and E10 at my favorite stations was $0.07 - $0.10. Now that the price has come down, it is between $0.25 and $0.50. Still racking my brain to figure out that one.

Over the years, I have seen the E0/E10 price gap widen, specially at price hikes & drops. Think the EPA penalties for supplying E0, is causing oil companies to take any opportunity to widen the gap. Oklahoma keeps pretty good E0 prices. One station, Q-Mart, in Aberdeen, WA in my state, sells E0, the same as E10.

trollbait 10-14-2015 06:50 AM

Or the gas suppliers are simply making a money grab on the E0 demand.

The only sources for it by me, that aren't 40 minutes out of the way, are for high octane race fuel sold in jugs for $9+ a gallon. The current gap between regular and midgrade is too high for the fuel economy boost at this point.

litesong 10-18-2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollbait (Post 185765)
Or the gas suppliers are simply making a money grab on the E0 demand.
The only sources for it by me.... are..... jugs for $9+ a gallon.

I've mentioned on other websites(somewhere here too?), that, from the beginning, oil companies knew that ethanol couldn't efficiently release its power in low 87 octane, low compression ratio (9:1 to 11:1) gasoline engines. High 114 octane, high compression ratio(16:1) ethanol engines were needed to release ethanol power. In truth, more oil is consumed producing ethanol, transporting it to blending equipment & supporting "ethanol in gasoline industries" than ethanol can ever save. Yeah, oil companies love to blend ethanol in gasoline, because oil companies make lots more profit, than if E0 was the only fuel for gasoline engines. & now they realize they can price E0 as an expensive "specialty fuel", & make all the more money. Over 2-3 years ago, E0 could be found competitive to E10. Now it is very tough to find well-priced E0, altho lately & luckily, I got some E0 for the same price as E10.

Yes, I can see how you have no long term experience with real gasoline & its 8%, 8%, 7%-8%, 7% & 5% mpg superiority over E10 for my last 5 cars.