Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Tire Services Available! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/tire-services-available-13117.html)

bobc455 12-10-2010 08:17 AM

Tire Services Available!

Hi All-

We recently equipped our garage with a nice set of automotive tire mounting & balancing machines.

I'm happy to provide tire services to anyone in the eastern-Mass area. The garage is in Reading, MA.

If you just want some tirerack tires mounted, or want to put on some snowtires, or want to experiment to see how a set of wheels will look (but don't want to pay a garage to mount & unmount several sets of tires & rims) on your car, then I'm happy to help.

If you are in financial need, I'll offer services for free. For everyone else, I'll only ask for enough money to cover basic costs plus a tad toward the machines (they were kinda pricey) but still much less than what any garage would charge. For example maybe $20 to mount & balance your snow tires would probably be fine. I got these machines to help people, not to make a profit.

I've been working in a tire shop (all automotive) part time since the late '80s, so there are very few tasks that I can't handle.

Feel free to PM me or email me if you want.

-Bob C.

shatto 12-10-2010 06:57 PM

Re: Tire Services Available!

I'll be right over.

JanGeo 12-12-2010 02:30 PM

Just the guy and kind of deal I have been looking for! I got a couple of slightly larger Pirrelli Tires for my xB from TireRack and don't have any place in particular to get them mounted and balanced. Only thing is the 86 miles there and 86 miles back humm about $12 in gas unless I happen to be going to Logan for a pickup or taking a trip to VT is it sort of out of the way. Would be a great way to finally meet someone from this group however.

bobc455 12-13-2010 10:15 AM

I know that it's not exactly convenient for our CA members (sorry shatto), but JanGeo I'd be happy to meet you as well.

And besides, if you want to try them out and test drive them, then change back or whatever, I'm happy to just change tires back and forth and all around until you get all of the experimenting out of your system. (That's the nice thing about having your own machinery for this stuff!)

-BC

JanGeo 12-13-2010 11:47 AM

Thanks Bob - I may take you up on that if I get up that way before the snow starts falling - the original goodyear tires up front were never rotated and at 38k they are getting mighty thin and will NOT work at all in snow this year - barely made it last year for that matter. The P4 Pirelli tires come highly rated from a fellow xB owner in Chicago that ran them in the snow up there so I think they should be a one time mounting. I got them in a 65 series so they are a little taller to lower the engine RPM a bit.

theholycow 12-13-2010 03:19 PM

Let me know if you're going, I may want to carpool and get some tires done too.

JanGeo 12-14-2010 08:27 PM

Yeah sure HC - If I am not picking up two sailors with a bunch of luggage on the way back at Logan. Might be a little too crowded with extra tires. That would tentatively be on 12/22 sometime if they get a flight. I think I better get the tires mounted before that in case it starts to snow. Checked my rear brake shoes this morning - barely showing wear after 38k - main concern was the adjusters not working very well - too much pedal travel - sure enough it is the rear brakes. Need to hit them harder while backing up to get them to adjust.

JanGeo 12-16-2010 01:56 PM

Ok planning to see BobC in Reading Ma this Saturday and have a couple mounted and balanced and maybe give him a hand on his project if he needs any help. Probably get there around noon time. Anyone care to speculate what the traffic will be like the last weekend before Christmas?

I figure with the forecast calling for a snow storm on Sunday I should have a few miles on the tires to break them in before the white stuff hits the road.