Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Maintenance and Repair (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Vx motor questions? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/vx-motor-questions-13343.html)

Master Shake 03-02-2011 10:17 PM

Vx motor questions?

Ok i am new to this forum but i have been looking at it for quite some time. I actually am a shade tree mechanic and been working with Honda motors since i was 12. Anyways i am going to be placing some vx motors in some family members cars because they would like to get some better mileage and there motors are about shot. I have been trying to search for a web site that sells a full motor D15z (vtec-e) not the d15b (vtec-e) and the original transmission that comes with the vx motor i believe it is a P20/A000 and i would like the ECU with that which is a P07 correct me if im wrong. I can not find a site that i can get all of those things at in just one pop would be nice. Do i have to piece it all together? I am looking to purchase 3 full swaps need motor/trans/ecu. Any help would be great thanks.

GasSavers_Erik 03-03-2011 04:37 AM

Re: Vx motor questions?

Try car-part.com to locate junkyard engines and transmissions.

theholycow 03-03-2011 04:57 AM

It might get expensive and difficult using junkyards for that, even with the help of car-part.com (one of my favorite sites!). I don't know a better way, though...it's just a tall order.

If the cars aren't VXes then I suspect you won't get VX fuel economy just by swapping in the drivetrain; the VX is also lighter and probably more aerodynamic than other models. However I'd definitely like to hear how it works out, especially if you have good gaslog data from before and after the swap.

Master Shake 03-03-2011 12:25 PM

I am placing two them in a CX model hatch 92-95 and the other one in a VX model hatch that had the original motor tore out and placed in a dx motor and trans. I am not to worried about the wiring harness because i can manage that but i would just like the motor/trans/ECU all from one place but it is even tough to just find the trans new or used other then ebay.

onefasteg 03-03-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Shake (Post 158493)
I am placing two them in a CX model hatch 92-95 and the other one in a VX model hatch that had the original motor tore out and placed in a dx motor and trans. I am not to worried about the wiring harness because i can manage that but i would just like the motor/trans/ECU all from one place but it is even tough to just find the trans new or used other then ebay.

New here also, but been in the Honda game for a long time. Try Honda-Tech.com the wanted and for sale forums. I posted a wanted add in the Market Place and got a few hits back, I paid $35 plus $5 shipping. It was the P07-A00/A01 ECU 48 State.

onefasteg 03-03-2011 07:33 PM

For the ECU, If I am not mistaken the CX tranny may be the same as the VX. Also the HX transmission should work also.

Master Shake 03-04-2011 07:38 PM

The transmissions are the same from the cx to the vx this is true i was just wanting to start new with everything to cut out any potential problems that might arise and start fresh with a new solid platform. Is there any sites that anyone has gone through for just the motors by chance and had good luck?

Master Shake 03-06-2011 06:33 AM

I am starting to be at a loss i guess because i have been searching for a couple days now and i can not even find the correct engine. I have found a lot of the VTEC E d15b motors that are from japan and such but i am starting to think the only way is to find a old one and build it from the bottom up. Unless anyone knows of something that i don't, I have really been searching for a solid 3 days now and still have nothing and i normally am kinda good a finding swaps. I think my best bet is going to a salvage yards then going through the whole motor with new parts. The only down side is the o2 sensors are pricey especially when you are trying to buy three of them. Does anyone use just any 5 wire o2 sensor and wire it in or is it best to just get the correct one? Is any 5 wire o2 sensor other then the dimensions of the sensor it self the same?

onefasteg 03-08-2011 02:41 PM

Don't be cheap, I would always chose quality over crap.

I would try searching for keywords: L1H1, NGK 5 wire, NTK 5 wire, Honda 5 wire o2.

Your best bet:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NGK-N...Q5fAccessories

I may have one coming up for sale, its used, also the ECU. Will let you know.