Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Noob mpg guy (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/noob-mpg-guy-13376.html)

Delsol_d15b 03-10-2011 10:16 AM

Noob mpg guy

Hi guys and gals I'm mike. 26 years of age and been building dsm beasts for the last 10 years. Well I've turned over a new leaf last oct. Sold the gas guzzelin dsms and bought a del sol with a d15b 3 stage vtec. The car was otherwise stock. It's the si model and still has the short geared trans and also has the stock obd2 p28 ecu. I have not checked to see if it's chipped or not put everything seems to work as advertised (38 mpg). My goal is to get a real good lean burn tune going I've used jackal to tune dsm via ostrich but thinking about going neptune. Well know that I've got that off my chest (phew) I just want to say I'm glad to be here.

theholycow 03-10-2011 11:26 AM

Re: Noob mpg guy

Welcome!

pgfpro 03-10-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delsol_d15b (Post 158804)
Hi guys and gals I'm mike. 26 years of age and been building dsm beasts for the last 10 years. Well I've turned over a new leaf last oct. Sold the gas guzzelin dsms and bought a del sol with a d15b 3 stage vtec. The car was otherwise stock. It's the si model and still has the short geared trans and also has the stock obd2 p28 ecu. I have not checked to see if it's chipped or not put everything seems to work as advertised (38 mpg). My goal is to get a real good lean burn tune going I've used jackal to tune dsm via ostrich but thinking about going neptune. Well know that I've got that off my chest (phew) I just want to say I'm glad to be here.

Welcome to the site!!!

You have a great engine to start with.

I own a 91 AWD Eagle Talon running lean burn with ECM Link management (was running Jackel speed density)and a 93 Honda Del Sol running CROME PRO management with Moates Ostrich and a P28 ECU.

I was running Neptune on the Del Sol with a turbo-charged 1.6L SOHC Z6 ultra lean burn head but have recently installed that engine and Neptune system in my son's Honda.

Now my Del Sol has a N/A 1.5L SOHC engine. Still running CROME PRO.

When are you going to check to see if you have a socketed P28?

Delsol_d15b 03-10-2011 06:05 PM

As soon as I can I have sockets to install and I still have my ostrich 2.0. What would advise? Crome? Or Neptune I know there is free software for Crome but how tunable is it? I just hear alot of bad things about it. Socketing isn't a problem I've done many I just don't want to do things twice if I go to a demon.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

pgfpro 03-10-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delsol_d15b (Post 158821)
As soon as I can I have sockets to install and I still have my ostrich 2.0. What would advise? Crome? Or Neptune I know there is free software for Crome but how tunable is it? I just hear alot of bad things about it. Socketing isn't a problem I've done many I just don't want to do things twice if I go to a demon.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I really like Neptune. I have never had issues with CROME but have also heard a ton of horror stories pertaining to it.

So if I had a choice I would always pick Neptune. The reason I went with CROME is its free and I currently have way to many management systems.
(Haltech,SDS,AEM,ECM Link,Autronic,CAT Systems,Hondata)etc...

Anyway Good Luck with your project!!!

Delsol_d15b 03-10-2011 07:53 PM

Thank you for the info. Question, do you happen to have a stock base map for the jdm d15b 3 stage vtec for Crome?

pgfpro 03-10-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delsol_d15b (Post 158827)
Thank you for the info. Question, do you happen to have a stock base map for the jdm d15b 3 stage vtec for Crome?

Sorry i don't have one.

Delsol_d15b 03-10-2011 08:32 PM

Thanks any ways. It's not a EPROM p28. And it's not chipped.

pgfpro 03-11-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delsol_d15b (Post 158833)
Thanks any ways. It's not a EPROM p28. And it's not chipped.

Dang.

I will check to see in my ecu stock if I have any extra eprom-P28 ecus.

Delsol_d15b 03-11-2011 11:21 AM

Please do and let me know how much you want for it.