Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Si wreck (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/si-wreck-13441.html)

theholycow 04-08-2011 02:52 AM

Re: Si wreck

It can be tough to remain calm after a crash, doubly so when you had to chase the other person to make him responsible. Adrenaline sure screws me up, and I can only imagine the amount of adrenaline after both a crash AND a chase.

GasSavers_Erik 04-08-2011 05:11 AM

I think it is just natural to swerve away from danger as you slow down- especially when your brain knows that you will not be able stop in time.

I bet it would have been really hard for them to fix that mangled A pillar so that a new windshield would seal properly.

IndyFetch 04-08-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteOwner (Post 159596)
lol well sounds like you never heard of not pissing off the guy who makes the rules. just cuz hes having a ****ty day maybe if you calmed down and just complied and were calm the whole time he would have calmed down. its stressful being a cop.

i bet the guys bumper just had blue paint on it too

whyd you not just get the car fixed?

also why did you swerve so much and not just stop?

The car had $9,300 worth of damage. He started to stop, so I didn't start to brake. When he hit the gas again, it was too late. It was raining, too.

IndyFetch 04-08-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 159602)
It can be tough to remain calm after a crash, doubly so when you had to chase the other person to make him responsible. Adrenaline sure screws me up, and I can only imagine the amount of adrenaline after both a crash AND a chase.

Adrenaline: Yes.

When I got home and opened my front door, I was on such a rush I ripped the screen door off its hinges. This was with my right hand, which I broke about a month ago, and just got out of a cast. And I'm a skinny guy.

If I could arrange this to happen on a schedule, I could be in the olympics.

VetteOwner 04-08-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetch (Post 159615)
The car had $9,300 worth of damage. He started to stop, so I didn't start to brake. When he hit the gas again, it was too late. It was raining, too.

ahh yea, and damn thats 9k in damage????

stupid plastic eggs nowadays... actual steel fendered/bumpered 80 or earlier car woulda just had to replace a fender and a mirror haha

i usually cover the brake with my foot in those kinda situations because ive come to terms with people that they are utterly retarded and worse than turkeys when it comes to rain...

IndyFetch 04-09-2011 06:48 AM

at that intersection, about 90 percent of drivers turn right, so most people pulling out of that road assume that drivers going the direction I was headed will turn right, and will not stop until the last second. I thought that's what this guy was doing. He started to stop, and then hit the gas and tried to beat me across the intersection... didn't work.

Since it's a unibody, along with every other new car out there (since the Ford Panther platform is now defunct), it would cost a ton to replace the A-Pillar and inner fender supports, radiator supports, etc. The car was still drivable, but it was bent.