Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Remember My Brother (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/remember-my-brother-13493.html)

GasSavers_TomO 04-18-2011 10:07 AM

Re: Remember My Brother

He will be in my prayers as well. Best of luck to him and his journey to recovery.

bowtieguy 04-18-2011 12:50 PM

prayers sent!

after he's out of the hospital, i'd suggest encouraging him to see a chiropractor. they often see things a medical doc can't or won't.

Ford Man 04-18-2011 05:50 PM

We just got back from the hospital about an hour ago, he still looks about the same, but my niece (his daughter) said she ask him to squeeze her hand last night and he did and the nurses said he was still responding to them and their commands. They were able to put in a feeding tube and do the MRI on his neck this afternoon, but of course we don't know the results of it yet, we're hoping to know something tomorrow. Yesterday the doctors said the ventilator was doing most of his breathing for him, but today he was doing the largerst percent of the breathing on his own, so God is hearing the prayers and answering, so keep it up.

My niece had pictures of the car on her cell phone that her uncle sent her. It appears that the cow rolled up onto the hood then onto the top mashing the top down and possibly tearing the roof part of the way off on the drivers side and is probably what had hit his head/face.

Ford Man 04-18-2011 08:24 PM

Also, please remember my mom, she's having a pretty tough time with this since my dad just passed away about 10 months ago after them having been married almost 60 years. She went to the hospital with me this afternoon and made the comment that it's too soon for another tragidy in the family.

pgfpro 04-18-2011 08:40 PM

Sounds like hes doing good and holding his own.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

shatto 04-19-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtieguy (Post 159962)
prayers sent!

after he's out of the hospital, i'd suggest encouraging him to see a chiropractor. they often see things a medical doc can't or won't.

I got an appointment with the VA chiropractor, the intent being to loosen-up my neck and, when he looked at my file refused to treat me in any fashion, even massage. He looked at the MRI and said his treatment was inappropriate. I suppose any competent chiropractor would stay away from stepping-on a physicians treatment.
I'm going to guess our brother is a long way from exiting Physical Therapy and being in a position to think of anything else.

Ford Man 04-19-2011 08:14 AM

Great News!!! My sister in law called my mom from the hospital this morning after the Dr. was in to see my brother, then mom called me to give me an update. She told my mom that my brother tried to talk to them this morning, saying they could understand part of what he was saying and not understand part of it, but I'm sure his speach would be slurred from all the swelling, broken bones, possible inner mouth injuries, and medications, but the good thing is that he's talking and seems to know everything. They said he had ask if he was at home. I'm not sure whether he meant was he at home when the accident happened or whether he was asking if he was at home now. She said the Dr. didn't say anything about the MRI they done on his neck, but apparently everything was OK, because my sister in law said they had removed the neck brace. He hasn't opened his eyes, but I'm pretty sure he can't, because of the swelling in his face, my guess is that his head is approximatley 1 1/2 times it's normal size with broken bones, cuts, abraisions, and bruising. Everyone keep praying and hopefully this will be a speedy and full recovery.

If he has any serious injuries that they think a chiropractor would be able to assist with I'll definitely suggest that he see one. I started seeing one about a year ago for my back and neck injuries and he's done it more good than all the medical doctors I've seen in the past 11 years since my injury.

FrugalFloyd 04-19-2011 08:31 AM

That's very promising news, indeed!

dalybrandon 04-19-2011 08:40 AM

Yes, glad to hear! :) Still praying though! ;)

Ford Man 04-20-2011 10:11 AM

More good news came in this morning when my sister in law called my mom. My brother is now out of the most critical portion of the trauma unit and in a private room within the trauma unit. We are going back to the hospital tonight and I'll update either later tonight or tomorrow. Keep praying it's definitely working.