Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   A Must-See Movie for the Family (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/a-must-see-movie-for-the-family-13526.html)

shatto 04-23-2011 06:17 PM

A Must-See Movie for the Family

It is a walking tour of Washington, DC and the object is to introduce the audience to the role of religious faith in American politics. We visit the National Archives, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the White House.

The format is PBS style, sans the 'beg-athon' so it is easy listening and there is some stunning photography.

"Rediscovering God in America"

You will learn something.

theclencher 04-23-2011 10:36 PM

Re: A Must-See Movie for the Family

Ha Hah, hosted by newt gingrich- more like "must NOT see". :rolleyes:

shatto 04-23-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 160199)
Ha Hah, hosted by newt gingrich- more like "must NOT see". :rolleyes:

Therefore the message is wrong?
This is a history lesson, not political opinion.

theclencher 04-23-2011 11:29 PM

Is it historically accurate then? The reviews I've seen indicate there are several lapses and inaccuracies... sounds like the typical political modus operandi to me to get that slant in there.

shatto 04-24-2011 02:52 PM

I didn't notice any flaws in the story.
Post the individual 'lapses' in the reviews and we can all look up the real story.
And all learn from it.

bowtieguy 04-24-2011 04:12 PM

often it baffles me when there are political slants, be it in production or critique of production...especially when it comes to ideas like this.

to cut taxes and spending, returning to founding roots, shrink govt, promote self accountability for all citizens(and keep non-citizens from taking advantage of our freedoms)...these types of ideas are not pro party, but rather pro America--especially for future generations!

VX_Arky 05-11-2011 09:09 PM

Seeing how this is a forum about cars, driving styles, etc., I thought this thread would be about Fast Five. Can't wait to see it!!! Love the race scenes in all the movies!!!

bowtieguy 05-12-2011 04:33 PM

saw it yesterday...best of all, expect perhaps the first one! btw, there will be a 6th. you MUST stay past the credits...

VX_Arky 05-19-2011 10:16 PM

Haven't seen it yet, but you always have to stay past the credits for the "Fast" movies. Happened to stay during the first one while everyone left. And I learned then you needed to stay for the end of them all!!!!

markweatherill 05-19-2011 10:56 PM

Which god are we being asked to rediscover?

The god of oil? The god of money? The god of hedonism?