Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Cx P05 ecu fed vs california (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/cx-p05-ecu-fed-vs-california-13621.html)

CivicCx 06-01-2011 01:06 AM

Cx P05 ecu fed vs california

How does the fuel maps differ on the federal vs california P05 ecu? From my research the vx federal has lean burn, and california does not. How does federal and california ecu differ on the Cx P05 ecu. Which one produces lower emissions and or better gas mileage.

imzjustplayin 06-01-2011 02:56 AM

Re: Cx P05 ecu fed vs california

Well the CX has no lean-burn but my guess is the fuel maps allow for more NOX to be emitted which is why it gets better fuel economy. At least for these cars, the ones that get worse fuel economy make less emissions supposedly which is why they have a California and federal versions since California has more strict emissions.

CivicCx 06-01-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ************* (Post 161232)
Well the CX has no lean-burn but my guess is the fuel maps allow for more NOX to be emitted which is why it gets better fuel economy. At least for these cars, the ones that get worse fuel economy make less emissions supposedly which is why they have a California and federal versions since California has more strict emissions.

IC can anyone else confirm the exact difference in the P05 fed and california ecy?

imzjustplayin 06-01-2011 12:22 PM

Well maybe you could do everyone a favor and get a hondata chip installed in one so you could tell us the difference. The CX engines are the LEAST popular engines and so it's highly unlikely anyone has gone to any measures to figure out such information. Get a Hondata chip installed in a CX california and a federal ECU and compare the fuel tables.. This will not work for the VX because I know for certain the VX ECU is very unique and Hondata is not designed for it.

CivicCx 06-01-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ************* (Post 161247)
Well maybe you could do everyone a favor and get a hondata chip installed in one so you could tell us the difference. The CX engines are the LEAST popular engines and so it's highly unlikely anyone has gone to any measures to figure out such information. Get a Hondata chip installed in a CX california and a federal ECU and compare the fuel tables.. This will not work for the VX because I know for certain the VX ECU is very unique and Hondata is not designed for it.

What would the price be on a hondata chip.

imzjustplayin 06-01-2011 12:42 PM

It's definitely not cheap at all.. https://hondata.com/

CivicCx 06-01-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ************* (Post 161251)
It's definitely not cheap at all.. https://hondata.com/

Is there a website comparing all the honda ecu fuel maps. I remember seeing one, but cannot find it.

imzjustplayin 06-01-2011 12:53 PM

Well if you can find it, let us know because I would be interested in that too.

evans performance 07-15-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ************* (Post 161247)

please stop spreading mis-information. there is so much of it on the internet already.

any honda obd1 ecu can be chipped and tuned in the exact same manner. there is no website with fuel table information and getting any form of hondata cant show you what is on the ecu stock. even if it could you wouldnt be able to know much about what is in the fuel map by looking at it. all of the tuning programs use numbers in their fuel tables, BUT they dont mean anything. its just a number so you can see that you are making changes and you can see that other cells are higher/lower than the ones next to them.

swapping a cx ecu into your vx or vice versa wont get you what you are after. if you want better gas milage, get a cheap(ebay) cold air intake and header, then find a local tuner to chip your ecu and tune it. you could easily be hitting 40+mpg on the highway.

imzjustplayin 07-15-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evans performance (Post 162225)
please stop spreading mis-information. there is so much of it on the internet already.

any honda obd1 ecu can be chipped and tuned in the exact same manner. there is no website with fuel table information and getting any form of hondata cant show you what is on the ecu stock. even if it could you wouldnt be able to know much about what is in the fuel map by looking at it. all of the tuning programs use numbers in their fuel tables, BUT they dont mean anything. its just a number so you can see that you are making changes and you can see that other cells are higher/lower than the ones next to them.

swapping a cx ecu into your vx or vice versa wont get you what you are after. if you want better gas milage, get a cheap(ebay) cold air intake and header, then find a local tuner to chip your ecu and tune it. you could easily be hitting 40+mpg on the highway.

That is not true. Ask Hondata and they'll tell you that their system does not work on the VX ECU at least the federal version. I'm not saying you can't chip the ECU, but it's a worlds difference compared to the rest of the Honda OBD1 ECUs. As for improving his fuel economy, a CAI is not going to improve his fuel economy and if anything be the exact opposite. If he wants better fuel economy, he is if anything going to want a Warm air intake...