Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Video about my VX (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/video-about-my-vx-13814.html)

benfrogg 09-04-2011 07:02 PM

Video about my VX

Hey-
Not sure if this is the medium to post this, if not, please move it!
I made a youtube video of my VX. It's a quick run through of everything that I modified about the car. I'm hoping to plug gassavers and myself with it. Maybe I can get some more people interested in how to save fuel.
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INuFOwjwTS0

Please feel free to comment here or there! I'd like some feedback. I'm just getting started with the editing program.

Later tonight or tomorrow I'm going to post the second half... a video of me driving through traffic and the MPGUINO display. Thanks for looking!
B

pgfpro 09-04-2011 07:20 PM

Re: Video about my VX

Quote:

Originally Posted by benfrogg (Post 163309)
Hey-
Not sure if this is the medium to post this, if not, please move it!
I made a youtube video of my VX. It's a quick run through of everything that I modified about the car. I'm hoping to plug gassavers and myself with it. Maybe I can get some more people interested in how to save fuel.
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INuFOwjwTS0

Please feel free to comment here or there! I'd like some feedback. I'm just getting started with the editing program.

Later tonight or tomorrow I'm going to post the second half... a video of me driving through traffic and the MPGUINO display. Thanks for looking!
B

Just finished watching your video... Looks great Nice Work!!!!

benfrogg 09-04-2011 07:50 PM

Thanks!
I know it's a little long, I didn't want it to be more than 10 mins, but it was really hard to say everything in less than that!
B

add|ct 09-04-2011 10:59 PM

Very nice, down to Earth video. I appreciated you taking the time to document and share your work.

I was wondering what brand 02 sensor did you go with, and how many miles are on the new sensor?

Also, I'd like to know what your oil consumption rate is like, do you have any oil leak near the VTEC solenoid or housing, etc?

Thanks again and +1 on all the efforts!

benfrogg 09-05-2011 07:42 AM

Thanks!
The 02 was the >$200 one. I recall it came in the NGK box. So, NTK 24300.
It has been in for several months now. Absolutely no difference between it and what was the cheaper product, the Standard SG335. (no longer available, just a more expensive replacement) I still have th standard in the garage.
Consumption/loss of oil is about 1 quart per 5k miles. A lot of it leaks out at the where the oil filter screws in. (or possibly above that area) I have yet to do much about it because the rate is pretty low.
As far as I remember, there's very little if any oil around the vtec. I gotta look it over again though. There's always been a little residue near the valve cover gasket. One corner used to leak really badly because somebody cracked the threads in the head that the valve cover bolt screws into. Way lame! So, I drilled deeper and tapped it with an SAE bolt of larger size I had in the garage. Now it doesn't leak much at all.
Come to think of it, I should take that breather box off and do the cleaning that PGF mentioned in your thread. It's probably terrible in there. I wonder if having it gummed up could reduce FE?
B

pgfpro 09-05-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benfrogg (Post 163325)
Thanks!
The 02 was the >$200 one. I recall it came in the NGK box. So, NTK 24300.
It has been in for several months now. Absolutely no difference between it and what was the cheaper product, the Standard SG335. (no longer available, just a more expensive replacement) I still have th standard in the garage.
Consumption/loss of oil is about 1 quart per 5k miles. A lot of it leaks out at the where the oil filter screws in. (or possibly above that area) I have yet to do much about it because the rate is pretty low.
As far as I remember, there's very little if any oil around the vtec. I gotta look it over again though. There's always been a little residue near the valve cover gasket. One corner used to leak really badly because somebody cracked the threads in the head that the valve cover bolt screws into. Way lame! So, I drilled deeper and tapped it with an SAE bolt of larger size I had in the garage. Now it doesn't leak much at all.
Come to think of it, I should take that breather box off and do the cleaning that PGF mentioned in your thread. It's probably terrible in there. I wonder if having it gummed up could reduce FE?
B

It could be the oil sending unit. They are prone to leaking on the D series engines. Usually just pulling it out and then wrap it with some Teflon tape and your good to go. Also the rubber grommet the breather box goes into will leak on these also.

add|ct 09-05-2011 09:10 AM

Oil sending unit? Is that by the oil filter?

Also, is the rubber grommet at the breather chamber separate from the o-ring? Is it worth replacing it too if it looks like it's pretty flaky if that's the case?

bowtieguy 09-05-2011 09:39 AM

great video!

pgfpro 09-05-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by add|ct (Post 163329)
Oil sending unit? Is that by the oil filter?

Also, is the rubber grommet at the breather chamber separate from the o-ring? Is it worth replacing it too if it looks like it's pretty flaky if that's the case?

Yes, the oil sending unit is directly above the oil filter.

Yes, the rubber grommet/o-ring is the same thing. Sorry I called it two different things.:o

add|ct 09-05-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgfpro (Post 163338)
Yes, the oil sending unit is directly above the oil filter.

Yes, the rubber grommet/o-ring is the same thing. Sorry I called it two different things.:o

Hey, no problem. My dad tells me to this day how many nicknames he had as a child.:D :thumbup: