Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Wanted to Buy (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   WTB: Want To Buy. Please Help!! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f25/wtb-want-to-buy-please-help-13981.html)

TwoBryans 12-08-2011 09:41 AM

WTB: Want To Buy. Please Help!!

Please email at BryanTurner01@gmail.com and be kind enough to bump
this thread if you look at it.:D

WILL PAY REFERRAL FEE FOR THE "RIGHT" CAR!:D

Looking for an 1992, 1993, 1994 or 1995 EG HB Hatch Back Hatchback.

Cash, No BS buyer that has no problem travelling fot the "right" car.
I have purchased cars all over the country.

Open to many, but here are preferences.

MUST HAVE FUNCTIONING AIR CONDITIONING!

Most preferred(Don't forget, this is not a must, just preferred):

White

Manual Transmission

VX Federal version or California version

Clean

Original paint

Low Miles

Will consider CX too.

Will consider other colors.

Will consider Automatic Transmission.

Will consider any mileage.

Will consider minor rust or car that had prior minor rust as long as
it has been repaired properly.

Will consider all others, but if it has a swap without a/c or never
had a/c, please dont waste my time or yours because I will not be
interested.

If it is not clean or has a crappy repaint or has been wrecked up or
rusted, please don't waste my time.

VetteOwner 12-08-2011 04:02 PM

Re: WTB: Want To Buy. Please Help!!

lol good luck finding a 92-5 car without any rust (or start of it aka bubbled paint)...dang near 20 years old...let alone with low miles

gonna be traveling a long way to southwest areas

TwoBryans 12-08-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteOwner (Post 164824)
lol good luck finding a 92-5 car without any rust (or start of it aka bubbled paint)...dang near 20 years old...let alone with low miles

gonna be traveling a long way to southwest areas

I don't disagree at all. I don't mind travelling for the "right" car. :D

TwoBryans 12-29-2011 02:15 PM

:D

VX_Arky 12-29-2011 11:08 PM

I travelled on an airplane nearly 1,000 miles for my Honda Civic VX. Hondaguy can verify it. And I've never regretted it. If he's willing to travel then he will do it. I did.

Brian D. 12-30-2011 03:25 AM

I'm with you on that. I hopped a plane to Seattle from New Jersey to get my last CRX HF, then drove the 2,965 (or so) miles from Seattle back to New Jersey. My wife hated me for a bried period of time, as she was riding shotgun in the HF on the way back. In the end...it was worth it. No bondo, no rust; just a stock, near-perfect HF with no rust and STILL with its original paint. Yeah, I'd do it again.

hondaguy72 12-30-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arky (Post 165116)
I travelled on an airplane nearly 1,000 miles for my Honda Civic VX. Hondaguy can verify it. And I've never regretted it. If he's willing to travel then he will do it. I did.

Verified. LOL

VX_Arky 12-30-2011 09:58 PM

Hondaguy restores cars quite well! ;) :thumbup: :thumbup:

VX_Arky 12-30-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D. (Post 165117)
I'm with you on that. I hopped a plane to Seattle from New Jersey to get my last CRX HF, then drove the 2,965 (or so) miles from Seattle back to New Jersey. My wife hated me for a bried period of time, as she was riding shotgun in the HF on the way back. In the end...it was worth it. No bondo, no rust; just a stock, near-perfect HF with no rust and STILL with its original paint. Yeah, I'd do it again.

Now that's a heck of a trip!!!! But one worth telling. Sounds like fun. How long did it take you to drive that in????

TwoBryans 01-04-2012 06:11 AM

Always happy to travel when the "right" car comes along.

VetteOwner 01-05-2012 01:31 PM

the right "cars" Im currently looking for (ok 4x4 toy or 6x6 toy :P) would eat me alive in the gas department if i traveled far haha.

but yes i can understand finding that right car, my problem is i dont like to pay alot for my vehicles and not entirely sure it would make it back haha

TwoBryans 01-09-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteOwner (Post 165224)
the right "cars" Im currently looking for (ok 4x4 toy or 6x6 toy :P) would eat me alive in the gas department if i traveled far haha.

but yes i can understand finding that right car, my problem is i dont like to pay alot for my vehicles and not entirely sure it would make it back haha

Not thinking I will have to pay alot, but know I will have to be willing to pay a more than fair price to get the "right" one and don't mind doing do because I figure I will get it back in the long run, or at least hope I will.:D

92VXHatchguy 01-09-2012 09:01 PM

Good luck.

TwoBryans 01-20-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92VXHatchguy (Post 165296)
Good luck.

Thanks!:D

TwoBryans 03-22-2012 08:38 AM

Up! Still looking! :D

VX_Arky 03-22-2012 02:13 PM

There's a decent VX for sale in San Diego in another thread. Needs a nice clean-up but might be worth a look.

TwoBryans 03-27-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arky (Post 166361)
There's a decent VX for sale in San Diego in another thread. Needs a nice clean-up but might be worth a look.

I really appreciate the lead. Looks pretty rough from his pics and going through a quart of oil every 2 tanks of gas is not too enticing either, but I did initially contact him on the 22nd and he agreed to send me the vin for an AutoCheck/Carfax report, but never sent it. I have contacted him every couple of days since with no response. He saw an ad I had posted on another site, evidentally not realizing I was the same person, offering me the car tonight and as soon as I told him that I was the same guy that had been in contact with wanting the vin to check out the history on the car, he stopped responding again. Obviously, he has something to hide as far as the history. Think I am just going to steer clear and keep looking for one in better shape any way.:D

tradosaurus 03-28-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBryans (Post 166461)
I really appreciate the lead. Looks pretty rough from his pics and going through a quart of oil every 2 tanks of gas is not too enticing either, but I did initially contact him on the 22nd and he agreed to send me the vin for an AutoCheck/Carfax report, but never sent it. I have contacted him every couple of days since with no response. He saw an ad I had posted on another site, evidentally not realizing I was the same person, offering me the car tonight and as soon as I told him that I was the same guy that had been in contact with wanting the vin to check out the history on the car, he stopped responding again. Obviously, he has something to hide as far as the history. Think I am just going to steer clear and keep looking for one in better shape any way.:D

Maybe the moderators can delete that guys "for sale" thread based on your experience?

TwoBryans 03-28-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradosaurus (Post 166468)
Maybe the moderators can delete that guys "for sale" thread based on your experience?

I'm thinking he may have seen my reply as later last night, he said he would send me a copy of the AutoCheck report today. I'm not trusting it. If he doesn't, I will walk away. If he does, I will take the vin on the report and run my own anyway. Either way, I'll post the results.

IndyFetch 03-28-2012 04:20 AM

I wouldn't trust it. I'll bet he sends you the report for another car. You'll show up to buy it and find that the car has a different VIN.

My stolen car red flag is waving.

TwoBryans 03-28-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetch (Post 166471)
I wouldn't trust it. I'll bet he sends you the report for another car. You'll show up to buy it and find that the car has a different VIN.

My stolen car red flag is waving.

Don't doubt it. I guess anything is possible. Here is the PM he sent me last night through another site:

"Any interest? Would help you out with shipping also, as I have an in-house automobile transportation department at my workplace. LMK. 619-495-8811 call (voicemail if i don't answer) or text.

https://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=13908 "

I guess he is some sort of dealer anyway based on his "in-house automobile transportation department" comment. If anyone else has any other feedback or commentary, I would certainly appreciate it. Like I said, the car looks way too rough for my taste, but I have been exploring every option fully.

TwoBryans 03-28-2012 02:32 PM

Nothing whatsoever from him. I do realize it is 3:30pm in CA. However, I would have thought I would have heard something. I will post a followup if I hear anything. If I don't post about it, that means I have heard nothing.

IndyFetch 03-29-2012 08:10 AM

Never agree to have a car shipped. That is the #1 scam. NEVER NEVER NEVER.

tradosaurus 03-29-2012 09:13 AM

I vote scam.

Jay2TheRescue 03-29-2012 09:54 AM

If everyone is sure an ad here is a scam, send me a link to the ad and I will remove it.

TwoBryans 04-06-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBryans (Post 166477)
Nothing whatsoever from him. I do realize it is 3:30pm in CA. However, I would have thought I would have heard something. I will post a followup if I hear anything. If I don't post about it, that means I have heard nothing.

Never heard anythig else from him. Don't know if he sold it or still has it. But, with no vin to at least run a history report, I can do without it.

TwoBryans 04-06-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue (Post 166487)
If everyone is sure an ad here is a scam, send me a link to the ad and I will remove it.

Here is the link to his ad here:

https://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=13908

Jay2TheRescue 04-06-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBryans (Post 166602)
Here is the link to his ad here:

https://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=13908

Removed.

TwoBryans 04-06-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue (Post 166606)
Removed.

Thanks for your help!

Now, lets find me a car!!!:D

VX_Arky 04-06-2012 09:42 PM

Did you see the one I posted in another threat that is on Ebay? It needs paint, but the owner is knowledgeable and seems pretty honest to me. I've gotten no bad vibes fronm him. I don't think paint is a reason to be scared. Some people don't have $1200 to drop on a paint job when their car is running just fine.

TwoBryans 04-07-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arky (Post 166612)
Did you see the one I posted in another threat that is on Ebay? It needs paint, but the owner is knowledgeable and seems pretty honest to me. I've gotten no bad vibes fronm him. I don't think paint is a reason to be scared. Some people don't have $1200 to drop on a paint job when their car is running just fine.

Thanks you very much for keeping me in mind. Seller seemed very straight up in his description. I have been watching all week and will continue to watch this morning as the auction is almost over. The only thing that really concerns me would be the front end collision from 1996 and how bad that actually was. I really want a white one more than anything and may hold out for one, but depending on how the bidding goes, may well jump in. We'll see.

TwoBryans 07-09-2012 11:17 AM

Still looking!:D