Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Wanted to Buy (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   WTB: VX, CRX, or CX - NC and nearby (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f25/wtb-vx-crx-or-cx-nc-and-nearby-14297.html)

phoenix_fire2005 06-04-2012 09:07 AM

WTB: VX, CRX, or CX - NC and nearby

Hello all. As you can probably see, I'm a new member here. I'm on a quest for a new high-MPG car, and I've decided I'd like to do it with what I (and many others) consider the awesome and frugal era of Honda engineering from the late 80s to early 90s.

So, my top pick is a Civic VX, but who around here doesn't want that? I'd definitely be okay with a 90-91 CRX HF, or a 92-95 Civic CX. I'd also consider other 88-91 CRXs or a 96-00 Civic HX, depending on the price. For any of these cars, the less features the better... the only feature I'd prefer to have (but not require) is A/C. For the CRXs I much prefer having the side-impact door beams.

I've been searching craigslist very regularly and thus far have found the pickings very slim, so I wanted to post here in case anyone here may be considering selling. I reside in Charlotte, NC but am willing to do some driving for the right car. Thank you for your time!

IndyFetch 06-04-2012 04:16 PM

Re: WTB: VX, CRX, or CX - NC and nearby

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix_fire2005 (Post 167361)
Hello all. As you can probably see, I'm a new member here. I'm on a quest for a new high-MPG car, and I've decided I'd like to do it with what I (and many others) consider the awesome and frugal era of Honda engineering from the late 80s to early 90s.

So, my top pick is a Civic VX, but who around here doesn't want that? I'd definitely be okay with a 90-91 CRX HF, or a 92-95 Civic CX. I'd also consider other 88-91 CRXs or a 96-00 Civic HX, depending on the price. For any of these cars, the less features the better... the only feature I'd prefer to have (but not require) is A/C. For the CRXs I much prefer having the side-impact door beams.

I've been searching craigslist very regularly and thus far have found the pickings very slim, so I wanted to post here in case anyone here may be considering selling. I reside in Charlotte, NC but am willing to do some driving for the right car. Thank you for your time!

Would you be interested in a 99% rust-free '87 CRX Si with a newly rebuilt '87 Integra engine and transmission, new rear coil-overs, and an Integra brake swap? Needs fuel pump (not in tank, but in LR wheel well) and possibly an ignitor for the distributor. Calipers need installed, but the hubs are already on. I picked it up from a neighbor who had been working on it but had to sell since he was moving. I just got it a couple of weeks ago, but I have neither the time nor the money. I should be posting a Craigslist ad and some pics tomorrow. Let me know if you're interested.

phoenix_fire2005 06-05-2012 07:19 AM

Thanks for the offer Fetch, I appreciate it. However, I don't think it fits what I'm looking for (set on getting a second gen CRX).

phoenix_fire2005 06-05-2012 08:01 AM

Wish I could edit posts, as I forgot to mention that I'd also consider a 90-91 Civic hatchback.

IndyFetch 06-05-2012 02:37 PM

no problem. Thought I'd ask. :)