Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   New Feature: Gaslog (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/new-feature-gaslog-1439.html)

Matt Timion 11-04-2005 01:00 PM

New Feature: Gaslog

The Gaslog is now enabled.

To use this feature simply go to the following URL or click on the "gaslog" text at the top of this screen:

Http://www.gassavers.org/gaslog/

While it is not 100% complete, it has basic functionality so that I can begin working on another project for this website.

If you have any suggested features for the gaslog please send me a private message or reply to this thread with your suggestions.

SVOboy 11-04-2005 02:32 PM

Me: Total average fuel

Me: Total average fuel economy?
Utah: for each person, right?
Me: Yeah.
Utah: reply to that thread and suggest it
Utah: so I don't forget
Me: And for the top thing, but I think it'd be neat if it was top ten tanks and top ten averages.

Matt Timion 11-04-2005 02:47 PM

LOL! I show up as "utah" on

LOL! I show up as "utah" on your AIM? How funny.

bones33 11-04-2005 02:56 PM

Thanks for getting this

Thanks for getting this going Matt! I have some suggestions though. Because I crave data, and good experiment documentation shows the conditions under which the experiment took place would it be possible to add more space for conditions. Maybe a header that suggests year, make, model, engine, trans, ambient temp, modifications to vehicle, specific element tested during the run if any, blah, blah, blah.

Forgive me if I'm asking too much. I have no idea of the level of effort needed to make this kind of change to this site. I'm kind of computer literate, but I especially have no clue what goes on behind the scenes in boards like these.

SVOboy 11-04-2005 02:58 PM

I'm sure he'll get it going

I'm sure he'll get it going soon, he's a clever dude, he's just adding as he goes, but I think this is a good thread for a "gaslog wishlist," which is why he told me to post my stuff there.

Matt Timion 11-04-2005 03:03 PM

Re: Thanks for getting this

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatr911
Thanks for getting this going Matt! I have some suggestions though. Because I crave data, and good experiment documentation shows the conditions under which the experiment took place would it be possible to add more space for conditions. Maybe a header that suggests year, make, model, engine, trans, ambient temp, modifications to vehicle, specific element tested during the run if any, blah, blah, blah.

Forgive me if I'm asking too much. I have no idea of the level of effort needed to make this kind of change to this site. I'm kind of computer literate, but I especially have no clue what goes on behind the scenes in boards like these.

I'm actually going to do this in a seperate spot. I'm going to create an experiment section. There will be a main article explaining the experiment, and then people can enter their data for that specific experiment. Fields for that will be air temp, etc. etc.

The gaslog is a general way of keeping track of your fuel economy. It is meant to please everyone by giving everyone (even just regular people) a place to track your MPG.

SVOboy 11-05-2005 12:15 PM

I'd like a link it

I'd like a link it everyone's profile so you can see their gaslog, ^_^

kickflipjr 11-06-2005 04:26 PM

I had a though time figuring

I had a though time figuring out how to ad them on because the buttons are in a box to the side (a place were ADs normally are on other web sites).

It's cool. I will put up everything i have im my log.

I didn't even make the top 10 :(

my 33.7 tank just missed

kickflipjr 11-06-2005 04:38 PM

I found a bug. Amy user can

I found a bug.

Amy user can edit any other users information.

SVOboy 11-06-2005 04:47 PM

Good find, I was wondering

Good find, I was wondering about that, but didn't wanna try it. You'll get up there with some work, haha.