Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Electric and Solar powered (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Great lease deal on Fit EV (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f18/great-lease-deal-on-fit-ev-14733.html)

theholycow 06-06-2013 06:29 AM

Great lease deal on Fit EV

Found via Honda Fit EV lease $259/mo, unlimited miles, includes maintenance & collision cover
Quote:

Originally Posted by arla on Fatwallet
It feels strange to recommend an auto lease, but this one intrigued me.

$259/mo., $259 due at signing, unlimited miles, includes zero-deductible collision cover, includes all maintenance, includes roadside assistance, three year term.

Only available to "residents" of California, Oregon, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, and Rhode Island.

If you have a free charging station at work, your fueling cost could be zero. EPA range 82 miles.

2013 Honda Fit EV Overview - Official Site
2013 Honda Fit EV - Frequently Asked Questions - Official Site

trollbait 06-06-2013 12:18 PM

Seen this posted at other forums.

In California, the Fiat 500e lease might be a better deal.
2013 Fiat 500E EV First Drive – Review – Car and Driver
$999 down and $199 a month for 36 months. Not much more in other details, except it includes 12 days use of a gas powered car a year. It probably also comes in more colors than blue, and can actually be purchased. Not that I would do so at this stage of BEV development.

theholycow 06-07-2013 04:49 AM

EPA range on the Fiat is better. I wonder what the lease details are.

That $999 down would put it entirely out my reach, though.

trollbait 06-07-2013 08:08 AM

Being RI puts it out of your reach.

Wayne Gerdes of cleanmpg.com put together a little chart of the non- Tesla BEVs leases.
Honda’s Fit EV -- “Lowest Cost” BEV Lease ... Almost - CleanMPG Forums

I think there is a smart EV that should be on there.

The Fiat comes out a few bucks ahead. While the difference between 12kmi/yr and unlimited likely won't amount too much for a BEV, the collision coverage and free charger is better than rental car benefits.

theholycow 06-07-2013 11:27 AM

I'm curious why you don't think unlimited miles wouldn't amount to much for a BEV. The way I see it, a BEV has more to gain from extra miles than other vehicles. Of course for someone who doesn't use up the leased miles it wouldn't make a difference, but anyone else would either have to buy additional miles or drive something else for those miles.

trollbait 06-10-2013 08:54 AM

I hadn't considered multiple charging during the day.

Considering the range of these EVs and single charge, I figured the 12k miles would have been enough for daily commute and some errand running. Most people would be switching to a gas car for the long weekend trips to begin with.

But this is in California, and charging at work is more likely than else where. This makes longer commutes possible, and my assessment on the unlimited mile benefit wrong.

Dr. Jerryrigger 05-09-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 172408)
EPA range on the Fiat is better. I wonder what the lease details are.

That $999 down would put it entirely out my reach, though.

I'm sure you can get almost that for the Buick.

theholycow 05-10-2014 07:50 AM

Blasphemer! You'll have to pry the Buick out from under my cold, dead butt! ;)

Come to think of it, I might be able to scrape up that $999 this particular month, but the whole thing is still out of my reach and anyway I don't think I'd want to drive the Fiat.

Dr. Jerryrigger 05-10-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 175851)
... and anyway I don't think I'd want to drive the Fiat.

Yeah you know what Fiat stands for don't you? Fix or repair daily.

theholycow 05-11-2014 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Jerryrigger (Post 175854)
Yeah you know what Fiat stands for don't you? Fix or repair daily.

Not so sure about that, but how about "Fix It Again Tony"! https://allofftopic.com/images/smilies/jester.gif