Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Great, it just keeps getting better. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/great-it-just-keeps-getting-better-1601.html)

Compaq888 01-09-2006 01:46 PM

Great, it just keeps getting better.

Well I got my work schedule a couple of minutes ago and it in no way matches my college schedule. I called in and I was like from now on I need Mon-Thurs. off and the manager was like we can't give you that many days off. Talk to your manager because we can't do that. I doubt my manager is going to bend the rules to give me 4 days off every week. It's either I quit or I get fired. Great now I don't have any money again and the worst thing is one of my classes is in the morning. I HATE mornings!!!!!

I really go screwed. I was just beginning to like the job. Hopefully they will take me back for summer and fall.

Matt Timion 01-09-2006 02:09 PM

Ouch. That is bad. When I

Ouch. That is bad. When I went to college I was lucky enough to have a boss that was flexible with my school schedule. That being said I also had TONS of night classes and a few morning classes.

I used to go to school every night (mon-thurs) from 4-10pm. One semester I had a class at 6am, and another at 7:45am.

Working while going to school isn't easy, especially if it's more than a 'college job.'

Best of luck as I know it isn't easy to do everything at once.

Time for a moped :P

Compaq888 01-09-2006 06:39 PM

Well I talked to my primary

Well I talked to my primary boss and he said he can only give me 2 days off. And he will try not to schedule me for work on the between days so I can study. If he does schedule me for work on the between days he will let me go early. We will see how this plays out. Things are on thin ice now. I still have to pass my 2nd 30 day review.

Compaq888 01-14-2006 07:28 AM

I hope I get fired now. They

I hope I get fired now. They work me so much now I don't even get 8 hours of sleep. I ditched my night store so I could get some sleep. I worked yesterday from 6am to 5pm and they wanted me to another store 2 hours later. And my primary boss came out to me every 10 min and harassed me why I worked slow. Other people worked slow too. All he does is either work slow or sit there sipping soda. What a jerkoff. I'd rather be riding the bus everywhere than working just to drive my car.

My school starts on Tuesday and I know he will try to pull this on me. My college is more important than this stupid job.

SVOboy 01-14-2006 07:37 AM

Dump the job and concentrate

Dump the job and concentrate on school, the bus is awesome and I wish I lived in an area with a decent public transportation system so I could get by with hardly ever driving my car.

Matt Timion 01-14-2006 08:01 AM

You might want to remind

You might want to remind your boss that it is illegal to have you work two shifts within 8 hours of each other. THey have to allow you 8 hours of rest between shifts to get adequate sleep.

I'm also fairly certain that the labor laws in California require you to receive "double time" pay after 12 hours. Maybe the laws have changed since I was an assistant manager of a local Edwards Cinemas (where I had to learn all of this stuff) as it was a number of years ago.

I'd do a little research and find out though. It could end up helping you a lot in the long run.

Lastly, this isn't the only job out there. You can find a better job easily. I'm certain you can find a job that fits you schedule much better.

Compaq888 01-14-2006 09:23 AM

Ok I'll tell him that,

Ok I'll tell him that, because he had made me work 2 shifts within 4.5 hours of each other. I'll probably go till Tuesday then quit.