Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Did some weight reduction just now (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/did-some-weight-reduction-just-now-1616.html)

Matt Timion 01-13-2006 07:41 AM

Re: My metabolism is fast, I can

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
My metabolism is fast, I can eat more than a fat man and still keep my weight. I'm at 118lbs and I have a six pack.

And people wander why my altima averages out 30mpg, ahahaha.

You're also 21. Wait until you're 25. :-P

rh77 01-13-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
My metabolism is fast, I can eat more than a fat man and still keep my weight. I'm at 118lbs and I have a six pack.

And people wander why my altima averages out 30mpg, ahahaha.

You're also 21. Wait until you're 25. :-P

Exactly -- I was lean and mean at your age, but at 28, the old metabolism has slowed down (and the weight up). Keep exercising, though...

RH77

Matt Timion 01-13-2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rh77
Exactly -- I was lean and mean at your age, but at 28, the old metabolism has slowed down (and the weight up). Keep exercising, though...

RH77

When I was 19 I weighed 160lbs and I ate nothing but junkfood. I spent two years in a third world country where I walked every day, drank tons of water, and ate lots of rice and other healthy foods.

I came back and over the course of a few years I weighed 200lbs. I couldn't believe it.

Now I'm back to around 175lbs.

I figure the best weight reduction you can do for your car is to lose that spare tire :-P

MetroMPG 01-13-2006 02:00 PM

i crew on a small racing

i crew on a small racing sailboat in the summer and i'm fanatical about weight there (the other 2 guys on the boat jokingly call me the "weight nazi"). i even leave my shoes behind when it's warm enough to go barefoot on deck.

i make them take out cushions, anchors, tools, extra sails, mop the bilge, the whole 9 yards.

the difference between winning and losing a race in light air can come down to a hundred extra pounds in a 2400 lbs boat. ironically, the owner/skipper is probably 75lbs overweight :)

i haven't thought much about weight reduction for my car yet, but probably will. i guess this is because i tend to focus on the hwy mpg figure, where weight reduction isn't as big a factor relative to sub/urban driving.

Compaq888 01-14-2006 06:37 AM

I already took out the spare

I already took out the spare and the jack. I took it out way back last year.

SVOboy 01-14-2006 06:55 PM

Took out 4 more pounds, rear

Took out 4 more pounds, rear speaker covers and center console, expect some serious stripping tomorrow.

Matt Timion 01-14-2006 07:08 PM

Re: Took out 4 more pounds, rear

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Took out 4 more pounds, rear speaker covers and center console, expect some serious stripping tomorrow.

You're taking out stuff I can't live without (ie, center console). You can always change your rear bumper supports to aluminum ones... although if you get rear ended your car (and maybe you) are done for.

SVOboy 01-14-2006 07:16 PM

I've been thinking about hf

I've been thinking about hf bumper supports, but my goal is 100 pounds for fee. That dynomat sound proofing crap weighs 30 pounds, so expect that to get gone.

kickflipjr 01-14-2006 07:44 PM

I don't know if crx's have

I don't know if crx's have one. But i removed the tow hook on my car (2 pounds). It was bolted to the bumper and came off fairly easy (needed some wd-40).

SVOboy 01-14-2006 07:50 PM

I think it's got a teeny

I think it's got a teeny one. I've heard to take off the exhaust shroud, and it's good for 10 pounds.