Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   aCar Pro Key & UX (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/acar-pro-key-and-ux-16778.html)

ardichoke 08-27-2014 09:57 AM

aCar Pro Key & UX

I purchased aCar Pro a long, LONG time ago, back when the only way to do so was to contribute directly to the dev and get an unlock key which you entered into the app. Will Fuelly continue to support this method of unlocking aCar Pro in the future? If not, will people who registered this way be given access to Pro in some other way?

Also, are there plans to fix the interface on aCar so it adheres to the Android design guidelines? I love aCar's functionality, but the fact that it has a UX all it's own, which does not adhere to any of the the Android Design Principles makes it feel amateurish (and sometimes downright frustrating).

RobertV 08-27-2014 10:43 AM

While we've moved to have users purchase the Pro Unlocker from the app store, I can assure you that nobody who used the Donation system in the past will be abandoned! Will we eventually migrate those users to Pro via an alternate method, likely, but we do not have an estimated timeline for when it happens.

To answer the second question, yes although not in the first release. The first release will focus on integrating with Fuelly with minor UI improvements and then we'll move more towards the Android guidelines.

ardichoke 08-27-2014 11:25 AM

Glad to hear it, thanks for the answers RobertV!

jhanks64 02-08-2015 11:26 PM

I purchased Acar after a long search for a usable Automobile tracking system. I have been using Acar for about 3 years now and even purchased it twice. I've been using it on my BlackBerry Z10, Q10 and Z30 as I have switched phones and it works perfect.

Now I had to re-load my BlackBerry Z30 and start from scratch, but I can't find Acar in BlackBerry World. So, I bought it again in the Google Play Store and tried to download the Pro unlocker, but it won't install, even though Acar itself works fine. We have an app called Snap that lets us download our Google Play apps.

I am not asking for my money back, I am simply asking for it to continue to be available in BlackBerry world, even if it's an older version - I don't care.

Or, put it in the Amazon Android Store, that is also a fine way to handle it.

RobertV 02-09-2015 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhanks64 (Post 181835)
I purchased Acar after a long search for a usable Automobile tracking system. I have been using Acar for about 3 years now and even purchased it twice. I've been using it on my BlackBerry Z10, Q10 and Z30 as I have switched phones and it works perfect.

Now I had to re-load my BlackBerry Z30 and start from scratch, but I can't find Acar in BlackBerry World. So, I bought it again in the Google Play Store and tried to download the Pro unlocker, but it won't install, even though Acar itself works fine. We have an app called Snap that lets us download our Google Play apps.

I am not asking for my money back, I am simply asking for it to continue to be available in BlackBerry world, even if it's an older version - I don't care.

Or, put it in the Amazon Android Store, that is also a fine way to handle it.

Thanks for the feedback. I just replied to your Help Ticket a few minutes ago.

I'll pass along your thoughts, but from what I've heard, we plan to only have aCar available for download from the Google Play Store.

jhanks64 03-04-2015 09:58 PM

I think that is pretty bad customer service. The app works fine, just the "pro" key that needs to be modified slightly. Why are you treating your paid customers like that?

We are not asking for a native BB10 app, I understand the market share is currently too small to justify the development cost. All you need to do is avoid Google Play services and put it in the Amazon App Store. A whole additional market is then available to you.

andyrobo 03-05-2015 07:28 AM

Sorry about the issues you are having. We pulled aCar from the 3rd party app stores because they accounted for only a fraction of a percent of our downloads. It's a matter of resources, we have a very small team. We will send some possible solutions to you via the help desk ticket.